17. Figured out

Taehyung sobbed softly. He put a palm on his mouth to muffle the sounds in order to not wake Laurance or his sister up. That'll be embarrassing as hell.

Why was he crying though?

Sure, the letter was very touching but this was not the reason he was pouring rains from his eyes in the middle of the night on an almost stranger's bed.
The reason is what the letter made him feel about the writer of the same.

He always knew he loved Jungkook.
What he just discovered was that he was in love with jungkook.

Jungkook would freak out!! Hell, Taehyung was himself freaking out but the other would sure have a panic attack!
The way he reacted only knowing that taehyung liked men should be a foreshadow enough of what will happen when he comes to know Taehyung is in love with him.

He would end everything they've ever had let alone return his feelings.

I'm so screwed.

Taehyung wailed one more time, now louder, forgetting he was not at his own place. Not like he can cry loudly at his own place. Jungkook would never let that happen.

A soft knock was heard on the door before it opened slowly revealing Laurance's face peek in slowly.
"Hey I heard someth- Hyung oh my god!?!" Laurance quickly locked the door after getting in and ran to Taehyung and engulfed him in a hug. No questions asked.

Taehyung cried his heart out for a good ten minutes and then calmed down. Never withdrawing from the hug.

When he regained his composure, he got up from Laurance's shoulder and wiped his face with the back of his hands.
He sniffled one last time before looking up at the younger.

"Laurance.. I'm sorry I.. "

"Call me Laurie. Everyone I've ever liked has been forced to call me that. And never apologize for your emotions hyung. Only you know what you're going through and only you will decide how you wanna react to it. "

"Are you still sure you're 23?"

"Unless my mother lied to me, yes."

Taehyung nodded looking down at his lap at the, now folded, letter and placed it back into the envelope as his eyes start to water again.

"Laurie.. I... I've ruined everything. He's gonna run away. I'm gonna run away. This is the end of the best thing in my life. This is the end of the only thing in my life. I.. I don't.." he covered his face with both his hands.

"Hey.. sshh.. Wanna go out for a drive?"

"huh? "

"Come-on take your keys and coat. We're going for a drive."

Taehyung didn't argue and silently picked up the mentioned things and his phone.

It was windy outside making both the males wince. Laurie entered the location on the GPS and asked taehyung to follow it. He did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I don't get it. You realized that you love Jungkook. How is that the end of a friendship." Laurie stuffed his face with the potato chips he brought for the drive and then brought one in front of taehyung's mouth, which the other took.

"He's straight."

"Yeah okay, you said that like, i don't know, one hundred times. But that would result you being sad about your feelings not being returned. Take left. Not you worrying about your friendship of more than half of your life ending."

"That is how Koo is. He reacts to such things in extreme levels. He didn't even take me coming out to him well. Imagine what he'd do if I tell him that I'm in love with him."