15. Running away

"Yeah, yeah I'll tell him if he picks up my phone or comes here."

"Ofcourse I'll send him home Jungkook, why is that even a question?"

"No, no. Don't apologize I know you're worried."

"Please eat something and take a nap. I'll let you know whenever he picks up."

Yoongi listened to Hosoek's side of the conversation and watched him hang up. Hosoek sighed and let his head fall on his boyfriend's shoulder.

"Taehyung may be oblivious. But this one? He's in denial." Yoongi says rubbing his boyfriend's shoulders to relieve some stress given by the youngers, who they both admittedly love like baby bothers.

"I was just about to say that. Taehyung better call me back or I'm going to make his life hell on monday in the office."

Hosoek was interrupted by loud ringing of his phone which startled him. No surprise there.

"Hello hyung?"

"WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU AND WHY WEREN'T YOU ANSWERING YOUR PHONE, YOU SON OF A BITCH!!"

"Calm down hyung. I was driving and I thought it was koo calling so didn't bother."

"What the fuck happened between you two to have you leave like that?"

"You know?"

"Yeah. Jungkook came here in the evening to take you home because there's no other place you'd go. We all have been really worried. He's been calling every ten minutes to see if you answered my calls back"

"Tell him I'm okay and staying at a friend's. Also tell him to stop blowing my phone up while you're at it"

"A friend's?? Since when do have friends? Go back to your house Tae, please."

"Hyung I said I am fine. Tell Jungkook that I'll be staying both tonight and sunday and will probably be home by monday. "

"Call the poor boy Taehyung. He sounded so small."

"Only thing small about him is his mentality and unless he does something about it, I might not wanna talk to him." Taehyung's voice started to raise.

"Okay, okay. Calm down. Don't stress about it and please be safe around whatever friend you've got yourself in a day. Goodnight!"

Hosoek hangs up the phone and calls up Jungkook who was relieved to hear that the other is okay and then panicked the next moment when told about this new friend that taehyung plans to spend next two nights with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thank you for letting me stay. I was going to get a hotel room but I really needed some company around me." Taehyung said looking at his hands that swirled the content of his chamomile tea.

Taking a small slurp he put the cup back on the mahogany table and took a look around.
It was a small but cute apartment. Well looked after. Taehyung always wanted to decorate their old apartment like this. But jungkook prefers a more dumpster vibe.

"Probably to make out." Olivia winked at Taehyung who had his eyes widened and cheeks crimson at the bold words.

"No! No, ma'am don't think that way please."

"Hyung don't apologize. She has a habit of making everyone uncomfortable. Kinda runs in the family.

"Oh" Taehyung's cheeks heated.

"Well lucky for you two, I'm leaving for a week next morning. Laurie you take the couch tonight and can sleep in my room tomorrow. Taehyung you take Laurie's room for as long as you want. Imma head to bed now. Bye fellas" and with that Olivia went to her room.

"Your sister is kinda scary." Taehyung looks at Laurance and smiles.

Laurance gently placed his palm on taehyung's hand that was around the cup and slowly moved his thumb on the skin at the back of his palm.
A gesture calming taehyung down more than he thought it would.

"You haven't met my mother."

Both of them chuckled at this. Laurance got up and went to his room to get a blanket and pillow for himself.

"We will talk about your troubles in the morning. Please have a good night's sleep for now. Don't Overthink too much. Nothing is worth your beauty sleep."

"Are you really 23?"

"Chronologically yes. But this gifted wisdom is like 500 years old."

Taehyung smiled at the younger and then moved to Laurance's room. He entered the room and was immediately in awe.

The first apartment where taehyung and jungkook got seperate rooms, this is exactly how he made up his room. Taking extra effort to decorate it. Photo frames, dream catchers, fairylights.

Taehyung couldn't help but feel that Laurance was a Taehyung from three years ago. Only wiser and gay-er.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jungkook hung up the call with Hosoek and dialled taehyung's number one last time before he will do what the other asked for.
Not bother him.

As expected, the call was unanswered. Jungkook was ready to call it a night when his eyes landed on the forgotten supper of the afternoon, they were having, before everything went down the drain.

He wanted you to be there. For once in life. For the first time.

He's stood by the mess of a person you are, with the wide smile that has calmed you down even when you had nothing to pay him back.

He was there your own Mom forgot you existed.

Here you are. The best best bestest friend he could ever ask for.

Jungkook's inner voice repeated the same words for the millionth time in his head.

Jungkook didn't even think a 'sorry' could do this time. Macarons wouldn't do. Flip flops wouldn't do.

Then Jungkook got confused again about this new friend's he was at.
When the fuck did that happen?

He suddenly remembered something and looked around everywhere in the kitchen. Not finding a certain ziplock bag, he breathed his first sigh of relief in hours.

Atleast he took a part of jungkook with him.

The 'open when' zip lock.

Maybe, just maybe, taehyung could sleep tonight and knowing that was enough for jungkook to atleast lie down on his bed.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Sappy and soft hours start in 3. 2. 1....
Press next.
Bye bye 👋