13. Unleashed

" -oh hi dad! What a surprise!" Taehyung stood leaning in to hug the older with a big innocent smile on his face as if he wasn't just puking a string of curses literally two seconds ago.

"What surprise? You're the one who asked me to postpone to this weekend since you were busy with god knows what last weekend."

"Oh- oh yea- yeah.. Umm.. Welcome?"

Mr. Kim Jiwaen, Taehyung's dad was the masculine older version of Taehyung's current physical features but the exact opposite to his behavioral features.

He served the army for about 25 years before he got retired and now owns a small café in their hometown which is a few stations away.

Every month when he visits the main city for handling the payments for the raw materials transported to the café, he pays his son and his buddy a visit.
Jungkook has always looked up to Jiwaen (or Poppie, as he calls him) and thought that if he ever had a father, he'd want him to be like Jiwaen.

"What is this spawn of Satan doing in a suit this early in the morning?"

"Making macarons. You're aging like orange juice, Poppie" Jungkook grinned as he moved forward to hug the older. Both gave each other patts on the back while hugging.

"Shutup brat! So.. How's life treating you both?"

"Surviving" Taehyung came back with a glass of water and a plate with a few macarons in it.

"Since when do you bake?"

"Since the time you weren't this old, oldie. "

~~~~~~~~~~

"You promise you'll spend Christmas back home this time?" Jiwaen stood by the door bidding his goodbyes.

"Yes dad, we promise."

"Umm... Jungkook-ah? "

"Yes, Poppie?"

"She misses you so much. Keeps asking about your well-being. Call her. Once."

Just in a matter of one sentence jungkook's entire face fell and morphed into something only taehyung could understand.

"Okay!! Bye dad!! See ya on Christmas!!" Taehyung hugged his dad one last time and shut the door in one quick motion because that's all he could think of to shoo his dad away as soon as possible before the storm unleashes itself. Storm by the name of jungkook.

Honestly, taehyung loved his dad the second most but admits he really doesn't know what to say and when to say it.

He swiftly made his way to the other and placed a reassuring hand on his frozen shoulder, already knowing what he was feeling at the moment.

"Did you hear that? She keeps asking about my well being?? from your family?? Portraits herself as some goddess of a mother while she didn't even call me once!! Not once!! Tae"

"Koo calm down! Maybe it's because last when she did call you on your previous birthday you snapped at her. "

"ARE YOU TAKING HER SIDE NOW!?? DID SHE CALL YOU TOO PRETENDING TO BE WORRIED ABOUT ME? "

"She did call me last month but I'm not taking any sides Koo."

"WHAT NOW SHE'S YOUR FRIEND? PROBABLY WANTS TO GET IN YOUR PANTS TOO-"

"JUNGKOOK!! Shut the fuck up and sit down"

Taehyung saying jungkook's full name was enough to shut the other up and sat down on the couch. Bending forward he rested his elbows on his thighs and turned his head on the opposite direction to where taehyung was seating himself down.

"Look at me, please."

No response

"Look at me koo-koo" taehyung said in the softest voice along with gently cupping one of jungkook's cheek with his hand and turning his face towards his own.

"No Tae. I know you're gonna somehow convince me to call her again and then I'm gonna find out something new about the endless adventures of her son-less life and it'll only hurt more!" Jungkook's voice shaking progressively because of which the last part came out a mere whisper.

His eyes became glossier by the second and no way in hell was Taehyung going to let a single tear fall.

"No one's gonna make you call her. Ok?" He now moved forward and cupped both his cheeks.

"You know whatever happened Tae. It's not my fault. You were there. You've always been. I tried my best to make things right but-"

"Shh.. Shh.. I know. We don't have to talk about it. Nobody is blaming you. You are the best son, best friend, best roommate, best baker, best employee and best human that I've ever come across."

"That's because you only come across me!" jungkook grumbled with a huge pout looking down picking some non existent lint from his pants.

"Just take the damn compliment! What do you wanna eat for lunch?"

"Could you make some japchae?" he mumbled still looking down with a pout.

Taehyung hummed. "Go change this tacky suit. I'll prepare the supper. Okay?"

Taehyung brought his face closer to the other's.
Paused.
And then suddenly went flying backwards as if seen a ghost,
all while jungkook was still looking down.

Jungkook, oblivious to the others inner turmoil got up and went to his room.

What the fuck was I just going to do

Taehyung held his head in his hands tugging at his charcoal hair.

Because he suddenly realized something.

He realized he had an urge to kiss his best friend moments ago.

He was baffled by this urge. Sure.

But a bigger realization about something else caught him off guard to an extent that he wanted to throw up.

That being

The urge.. To kiss his best friend.. Didn't feel new.

It was a nameless urge he's had for years and years. Only something he just comprehended.

He pulled at his hair harsher.

Wishing he could go back to not knowing what this urge was.

It's like kissing Laurance unleashed something within taehyung that might either be the answer to all his minor miseries.

Or might itself be the cause of a new major misery.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Aaaand here it is. Taehyung's side of the story beginning. I'm kinda upset I couldn't build it up like I wanted to but, okay! I'll see y'all. Vote and share pleeeaaasse
Bye bye 👋