Chapter 1: 3rd POV

"Can you tell me your name?"

"....."

"Why don't you want to talk? Can you understand me?"

"....."

The doctor asked a 15-year-old boy who sat at the window sill and looked up in the sky. It seemed like he didn't hear anything so the doctor walked up to him, touched his shoulder lightly, and asked him again. "Can you tell me your name?" But the boy didn't react, he didn't even look at the doctor. The director of the orphanage they are in right now observed everything. But he didn't really expect anything.

"Sir. You are the sixth doctor who tried it. And I told you before he will not react. I don't know why you are even trying." The director sighed.

"I thought I have at least to try so I don't feel guilt."

"Guilt?"

"Yes, guilt. If I know there is someone who needs help maybe I can be the one who gives that help. I have to at least try. If I don't succeed I can still say I tried my best." The doctor answered.

"You are right. A lot of doctors are afraid to even try. They don't want to lose fame. And even I lost hope, yet I don't want to give up on him. He is very dear to me." The director sighed again.

The doctor looked at the boy and thought for a while.

The director waited for him to say something. He knew better than to disturb the thoughts of someone else, especially a doctor on duty. After a few minutes, the doctor looked up again. He walked to the director and both left the room. The boy didn't react. He was still sitting at the window and looked up into the sky.

"I have a colleague who is specialized in this kind of case. I would like to tell him about this boy and send him here if he is interested" the doctor explained.

"How sure are you that he will be?"

"He is someone who helps wherever he can. I am pretty sure he will come."

"So be it. I will wait for his call. You can give him my card." The director gave him his card and a file. The file of that boy. They said goodbye and the doctor drove away. The director sighed for the third time and went back into the building

*Two days later*

"Haikuan. I have an interesting case I would like to consult with you. Do you have time?" Doctor Wu asked.

"Oh... an interesting case? What is it about? You can sit down. I don't have patients anymore today. Would you like some coffee?"Liu Haikuan asked.

"Yes, please. Black coffee would be just fine"

"Qing Qing. Please bring a cup of Earl Grey Tea for me and a cup of black coffee for our guest." Haikuan said to his secretary. 5 minutes later Qing Qing brought both cups into the office together with some sandwiches. "Thank you, Qing Qing. As I don't have patients today anymore you can go home." Haikuan told her. She nodded her head, thanked him, and went home.

"So Fengying. Tell me about that case please." Haikuan asked.

"Yes. So there is that boy called Xiao Zhan. He is 15 years old and lives in the Lotus Orphanage. He was sent there when he was 5 years old. An old couple brought him there... his grandparents. We don't know more about him. He was sent there because he doesn't speak nor react to anything or anyone. We don't even know if he can speak or understand what someone says to him. He hides in his room all day. He only gets out when someone takes him but even then he is staying away from others.

Some people call him an angel because he really looks like one. He is a beautiful boy. That's probably why he was adopted several times. But he every time he was sent back after just a few weeks. They are saying they can't communicate with him and don't want him anymore.

I tried to speak with him two days ago but like I said he doesn't react. He was sitting at the windowsill and looked up into the sky. I tried my best but it didn't work. I told the director I would talk about Xiao Zhan with you." Fengying explained and drank his coffee.

Haikuan listened to his colleague quietly and took some notes for himself. "Hmm ... so we don't know if he doesn't want to speak or just cant?" Haikuan asked.

"That's right. He doesn't react at all. I even touched his shoulder but nothing...I was told that I was the sixth doctor who tried to get through him. No one succeeded."

"That really sounds quite interesting... Do you have a picture?"

"No, I don't. But you can visit him at the Lotus Orphanage. Here is the card of the director as well as the file of Xiao Zhan. The director is awaiting your call. He seems to like that boy and wants to help him. Maybe he sees his son in him..."

"His son?"

"Yes. His son is living with his mother in America. He misses him a lot. But his relationship with his wife is not stable at the moment. He thinks of all the kids in that Orphanage as his sons and daughters and if one of them needs a lot of attention he is trying everything he can to help".

"I understand. I will call him right away" Haikuan said and dialed the number on the card.

to be continued...

*************************************************************

1. I am sorry if there are any errors as english is not my native language. Do point it out.

2. Please comment or vote. I would be very happy. 

See you next time :)