Chapter 30: Yibo's POV

When we finally stopped laughing Ji Li gave me a small envelope. "That is from my brother for Haikuan-ge." he said.

'Dr. Wang? Is it something about Zhan?'

I took it and looked inside. There was a little piece of paper and when I read was written on it I frowned and got annoyed.

Dear Yibo,

You are way too curious. The envelope was for you brother and not for you. Why did you try to read? You should know better, my boy. But I guess I was right assuming you would try to look inside....

SURPISEE!!

I wish I could see your face right now.... I bet you are annoyed. Stop frowning and give your brother the other envelope. I closed it and used glue so don't even try!! Next time you know better and if you want to complain...

Call meee, I am waiting....

Yours sincerely,

Dr. Wang

When I finished reading I saw another, bigger envelope in Ji Li's hand and I glared at him.

"What? Brother just told me I should give you the smaller one first..." he tried to defend himself. I snapped the big envelope and indeed it was glued. No chance....

I sighed and said goodbye to Ji Li who used his own bike to drive home.

I entered the house and searched for my brother. I found him in the kitchen preparing the dinner.

"Brother" I called him and he turned around. "This is from Dr. Wang." I said and gave him the envelope.

"Yi Zhou?" he asked surprised, took the envelope and opened it. I nervously waited for news. He read something and chuckled. Then he looked at me.

"So?" he asked.

"What?" I asked back in confusion. 

"Did you open the other envelope?" he smirked at me.

"Yes I did and that was not funny!" I answered annoyed.

"Your right, it wasn't. How can you just open it even if you knew it was for me?" he asked.

"I... I just though.... its something about Zhan... I wanted to know so I opened it." I confessed.

"I get it. You are worried about him and want to help him but you cant just read other person's letters. You know if its something about Zhan I will speak with you about it if its not violating Zhan's privacy." he said and sounded disappointed.

"I am sorry. I just could not wait ... It will not happen again...." I promised him. "Now tell me if its something about Zhan?" I asked and waited anxiously.

"I should punish you and not tell you ...." he thought out loud and I before I could complain he shook his head. "But it will not be necessary. Your punishment is waiting already." he said and smiled at me.

'My punishment? What does he mean?'  I was confused but shook it off when brother started to speak again.

"Yes, it is about Xiao Zhan. Inside are not only the result of his examination but also a list with his former families. And before you even ask, no I will not show it to you." he said.