Chapter 56: Yibo's POV

Here we goooo... I hope once again there are not too many mistakes ^^

Have fun <3 <3

When I woke up at 5 am I felt the spot next to me empty so I stretched myself quickly and left the bed to look for my boyfriend. After a long search I finally found him on the rooftop. I should have known he would be here because whenever he wanted to be alone or just to think in peace he is coming up here.

When I climbed up to him I did so quietly to not scare him but like usually he knew when I was close to him. He look at me with a smile before looking straight to the sun who was about to go up. I sat down next to him and together we watched the sunrise.

In the last three days it was difficult for him. After he made his first sound on his birthday after so many years everyone was amazed. Everyone tried to make him say something and after just a few minutes it was too much for him and my brother send our guests home.

The same evening he scolded us for keeping Zhan's slowly progress a secret. He said he was happy that Zhan wants to lose his fear but doing so without telling him, Zhan's father and doctor, was something he did not like. He was right when he said that a lot could have happened, that it was very dangerous. Even I was mad at myself but ... I guess I would have done the same thing again if that means that Zhan is going to lose his fear.

And by the way, even Mr. Li got scolded. I heard brother talking to him on the phone, telling Mr. Li that he was very disappointed in him. He entrusted us to him but in return he got nothing. To be honest I was kind of happy that Mr. Li too got told off but ... I guess my brother really was hurt to find out the whole thing despite the happy outcoming.

The next day he calmed down but Zhan and I still had to promise him to never do something like this behind his back again and of course we promised.

My brother and I, we both tried for the last three days to get Zhan to make any kind of sounds. I knew Zhan was shocked as well and that was probably the reason he did not once open his mouth to make a sound or just to giggle. Most of the time he was in the library or played with the bunnies. It almost looked like he did not care about what happened on his birthday. But only almost.

I watched him closely and .... at nights when he thought I was sleeping he went to the bathroom and a tried to use his newly found voice. Not that anything happened, the only sounds that came out was a croak. I could see he was disappointed as he thought he was finally able to speak.

While we were sitting on the roof enjoying the sunrise I observed my boyfriend. 

"Zhan, are you okay?" I asked him and without looking at me he nodded. I sighed. "Zhan?"

He looked at me and smiled before taking out his notebook.

>Its okay. I don't mind not be able to speak. Maybe what happened that day was just .... a miracle. A short one.<

"Don't think I am stupid, Zhan. I know what you are doing every night when you go to the bathroom" I admitted and he looked at me with big eyes.

>You know? I guess I did not try hard enough to hide it.<

"I think you did not even really try. You wanted for me to see it." I chuckled when I saw Zhan's facing turning slowly red. "No need to be shy. Lets go down now. The sun is up and I think brother is making breakfast. I smell fried eggs." I smiled and together we went down to the kitchen where brother greeted us with his usually bright smile.