Chapter 28: Yibo's POV

Enjoyyy :D

Anger! That is what I felt right now. 'How can people be so selfish!? Just because he hid himself? Because he didn't speak? How can they adopt him, giving him hope to have a family who loves him unconditionally and then, when he turns out to be slightly different than other kids, they abandon him? He lost hope to have a warm family because of those stupid, arrogant and selfish people!!'  I thought angrily.

"Yibo, calm down! It will not help when you get angry. You will scare him if he sees you like this, so stop it!" My brother said. 'Scaring him? No, that is the least I want to do! I need to calm down.'

"Brother bring him in his room and stay with him" I said, laid Zhan gently in the arms of my brother and raised from the couch.

"Where are you going?" he asked me worried while holding Zhan.

"Don't worry, I will be in the cellar. I need some exercise." I said and left.

I went down to the cellar and trained. After some time I calmed down. I didn't know how long I was downstairs but at some point I heard a weak knock. First I thought I misunderstood but a minute later I heard it again. When I turned to the door I saw Zhan standing there. I run to him immediately.

"Zhan? I thought you are asleep? Are you better now?" I asked him worried. He nodded and showed me his notebook.

>I have a gift for you. I got it yesterday but didn't have time to give it to you yet.<

"A gift? For me? What is it?" I asked excited. 'Zhan brought me a gift? I didn't expect something like that... What can it be?'

Zhan walked out of the cellar and came back with something behind his back. He seems to be unsure to give it to me.

"What is it Zhan? I only get gifts on my birthday or on Christmas. Please show it to me." I pleaded and when Zhan saw how excited I was he showed it to me.

"A new basketball? In red and black? How did you know I like these colors?"

>Your bike is black and red and you seems to like it a lot. So I thought you might like These colors.<

"Thank you Zhan. I really like it. I will use it right away." I said to him and started dribbling. "Wow. This is basketball is really good. Better than those I have." I shouted stunned. I run through the court and threw some baskets. After that I run back to Zhan.

"Thank you, Zhan. Getting this basketball as a gift from you means a lot to me." I said and hugged him. When I broke the hug he wrote down something else.

>Can I play with you?<

"You know how to play?" I asked him surprised but he shook his head.

>I don't. But I can learn it if you teach me. Please..?<

When he showed me his written words and looked at me with his big round eyes I almost got a heart attack. He looks so innocent, so cute and so beautiful. And the most important thing is, he trust me more and more with each day. I hold out my hand.

"Then I will teach you. Come here" I said softly. Zhan took my hand almost instantly. We walked in front of a basket and stopped.

"Alright. You have to positioning your feet firmly and about shoulder-width apart. That way you can keep your balance. Your upper body and your head needs to point towards the basket the whole time till you threw the ball. Your elbow needs to be underneath the basketball. It should be about a 90-degree angle with your upper body. Like this." I led him to the right position. "Good. Your eyes need to stay at your target, in this case the basket as well as the ball itself. When you release the ball, your wrist should flick toward the target. Exactly. Now try it." I said and stand back.