Chapter 17: 3rd POV

Here I am with the next update. Thank you for waiting and I hope you will like it ;D 

"Both!?" Haikuan asked horrified. Dr. Wang looked back to Xiao Zhan and then to Yibo.

"Maybe these two should leave the room first." he suggested.

"No! I will stay. I want to know what are you talking about. What exactly my brother expected?" Yibo complained and stared at Dr. Wang. The latter sighed and looked at Xiao Zhan. The younger boy didn't react. He still had his head on Yibo's shoulder and looked with glazed eyes into the void.

"Yibo, do you have your headphones with you?" Haikuan asked his brother calmly.

"What? Yes. Why?" he asked confused back.

"Let Xiao Zhan listen to some music." Haikuan said.

"Why cant he listen to the conversation? We are talking about him, right? Shouldn't he know what is going on?" Yibo asked.

"Yibo. We can still tell him later. We don't know yet what is wrong with him. When I know more I will tell him but not yet. So please do me this favor. Its the best for Xiao Zhan at the moment." Haikuan pleaded quietly and looked straight into Yibos eyes.

Yibo understood. He took out his headphones and put them over the younger boys ears. That brought Xiao Zhan back from his daydreaming and looked confused at Yibo.

"We have to talk about some issues so ... would you like to hear some music? I promise we will tell you later. Trust me, okay?" Yibo asked and looked at Xiao Zhan. The latter looked to Haikuan and saw him nodding in agreement while smiling softly. 

With one last look at Yibo, Xiao Zhan positioned the headphones over his ears and Yibo started the music. The younger boy closed his eyes and laid his head back on Yibo's shoulders.

"Yi Zhou, tell me now. I asked you to find out two things... how is it? What is it that I expected? Was he really ...?" Haikuan asked concerned.

"First, Xiao Zhan is indeed .... scared of women..." Dr. Wang said.

"How did you test it?" Haikuan looked tiredly to Xiao Zhan.

"You told me he had a panic attack in the restaurant when the waitress brought the dinner. That's the reason you thought that maybe he was scared of her.

When I made the bloodtest I asked one of my female assistants to come in to draw the blood. And as soon as she stepped in the room and only a few steps towards Xiao Zhan he panicked. He calmed down only with the help of Yibo after she left the room. And when I drew the blood he showed no major reaction.

Then before we went to the last examination I gave the blood sample to one of my male assistants and he went past them to bring it into the labor. Here too he didn't reacted. 

After the last examination I send one of the male doctors to him to ask him something. He backed away but didn't freak out. Which means your conclusion about him being scared of woman is indeed true." Dr. Wang explained.

Yibo listened to everything quietly and thought about it.

"When we went shopping in the shoe section today we asked a salesman if they have the chosen shoe one size smaller, and he was rather calm back then too ..." Yibo said and looked at Xiao Zhan.

"I hoped that maybe I was thinking too much but it seems like I was right." Haikuan said and looked back at Dr. Wang. "Yi Zhou, what .... what about the other thing?" he asked the doctor and the latter could see how nervous and scared his friend was so he took his hand and stroke it.