Chapter 43: Meng Yao's POV

Like I mentioned in the previous chapter this one is not really a happy update. But I did not go too much into detail .... 

Here we go :)

"Meng Yao please go to room no. 9. I will repeat Meng Yao, please go to room no. 9. The doctor awaits you."

The nurse called my name and I stood up and made my way to the treating room. I was glad I could walk rather properly but only because He Peng was 'happy'  yesterday. If he would have been in a bad mood I think I wouldn't be able to come here in the first place. It doesn't matter how much time flies by I will never get used to this.

When I walked towards room no. 9 I saw a man standing in the middle of corridor staring at me with a rather pale expression. 'Is he alright?'  I asked myself worried. Just then I saw him losing his balance and I sprinted up to catch him on time before he could fell.

He looked up right into my eyes. 'Why do I have the feeling this stranger knows me? I never saw him before but I could see in his eyes something like recognition... Whatever. Maybe he saw me on the news standing next to He Peng.'  I thought and helped him to stand properly.

"Are you okay, Sir?" I asked him politely. He probably was shocked to see me because of all the rumors about me. I know them all. They are saying I am a slave of He Peng doing everything he wants me to and they also saying he beats me regularly. What should I say, the rumors are true. Don't think I did not try to refuse He Peng, its just he never listened to it. He will just get mad and beat me or doing worse. Yes, I am talking about that!

The stranger thanked me.

"Of course. When someone needs help we should help." I told him and smiled. I learned to smile to save myself from any questions. When He Peng finds out he will get mad. What I just said about helping someone is something I believe with all my heart and that is why I try to help others as much as I can. Its just me who never got helped before.

At the beginning, when He Peng did those things to me, I tried to flee to my father, asking him for help but I did not receive it. He only accepted my visit one time to tell me I am on my own. He did not adopt me because he wanted to have me as his son. He said he did that only to make his son happy so He Peng would shut up and not get on my fathers nerves. That's it. I think at that time I still believed in something like hope. But after these years I realized that hope does not exists.

Just then the stranger talked to me again.

"What is with you? Are you okay?" he asked me and I looked to where he was pointing. 'My bruises!'  I thought and quickly hid them under my long sleeves.

"I am fine. I have to go now" I explained, slowly walked towards room no. 9 and entered it.

In front of me sat my doctor in charge, Dr. Wu. He was my doctor since I first came here with 17 years old, right after He Peng came back from America where he had to stay for three years to join the army like he promised his Father in exchange for adopting me. So I know Dr. Wu since a little more than 2 years. 

He flown to America about one week after my adoption was proceeded. During this time my father trained me in fulfilling my duty as He Peng's secretary. He told me what he loved and what he hated He taught me how to read He Peng's face to understand his wishes the moment he looked at me without opening his mouth. It was very difficult but I succeeded. Everything I had to do back then was waiting for He Peng to come back from America and in the meantime I worked as a secretary for my father.