Uncomfortable Truths

"Healing doesn't mean the damage never existed. It means the damage no longer controls you".
            -unkown

"I have cancer as your father would of told you. I was told yesterday that I have a few months longer to live than I thought".

"Which type of cancer?"

"It's brain they can't remove all of it?"

"So you've had chemotherapy and radiotherapy for it".

"No I'm just letting nature take its course".

"So I'm assuming you have grade 4 cancer", Debbie ask her grandfather.

"No its grade 2".

Debbie was shocked to learn there was a chance her grandfather could live a long life. "So it's not spread or anything meaning you could get better and you choose not to. Do you know how many people wish they had your choice you selfish prick. Did you at least have surgery?"

"Couple days ago", he replies.

"You know what your words don't mean anything old man. How are you suppose to teach me to be a Crown Princess if you're not around. My birthday is in six weeks I want you there and you would rather die".

"Debora", says her father. "I've had this discussion with him already he will not change his mind".

"Why do you want to die, people fight to live you're fighting to die why?"

"You're upsetting him", says her father.

Debbie turns to walk out the room and her grandfather's voice stops her.

"Your mother only cheated on your father once. I set up the other incident and made sure photos were taken now let me die in peace".

Debbie laughs, "Peace you're so riddle with guilt you want to die", she looks at her father who was in shock.

"Irene didn't cheat on me that second time?"

"She didn't cheat on you the first time (unless you count kissing cheating) after your marriage. She did plenty of times before", Debbie's father goes to hit her grandfather.

Debbie stands between them, "He's still sick dad.  Why would you separate my parents like that?". She ask her grandfather sadly. "You made my mother the villain to my father when she wasn't. She no doubt believes he didn't trust her enough to see that the cheating allegations was a lie".

"Your mother came to me after she married your father asking for a large sum of money. When she found out she was pregnant with you she asked for an even greater sum to abort you".

Debbie's hand flew to her mouth and tears rolled down her face, "You were my boy's child I couldn't do that to him. I gave her an even greater sum of money to keep you. Once I quickly realised the money was all that she wanted I made sure she was watched carefully and you were born safely. I stupidly thought once she saw you she would fall instantly in love with you and it seemed I was right. She took you and moved to London I use to visit you often when you were young. One day I saw her leave you on the sofa unattended you were only couple months old. I walked out of there with you but she caught up with me shouting she would tell my son the truth about the pictures. I got two Danish nannies for you and they were instructed to not let you out of their sight".

"How could you leave her there father you saw the danger she was in. You should have been angry enough to bring her home truth be damn".

"I'm sorry son your mother would be ashamed of me".

"I want you to make amends for it all and you can start by getting treatment starting tomorrow. We can't fix us if you're not there to play your part. Hearing this new piece of information is knocking me for six. I want to hate you put I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you".