New Beginings

"We can't become what we want by remaining what we were".
-Max Depree

Debbie turns sideways to get a better glimpse of herself in the full length mirror in her dressing room. She was wearing a red skirt suit with a white blouse with red pumps and her hair was in a low ponytail. It was her first day back doing engagements since she had the children. She walks into the living room to see Antonio eating breakfast.

"You look lovely darling".

She kiss him, "Thank you so do you".

He was wearing a blue suit with a white shirt and a red tie they were doing a joint engagement at a human rights conference.

"Come sit eat it's your first day back any nerves?"

"A bit, truth be told even though I've been having meetings with my charities behind the scenes and still getting my government papers. I can't help feeling like when I did my first engagement all those years ago.

Antonio takes her unused hand and caresses it. "You'll be fine my darling it's like riding a bike".

"I don't know how to ride one".

"Really I must teach you".

"That will be nice".

Debbie get a text from Victoria telling her she will be fine today. Then messages from Victoria's other siblings and Susan saying the same thing is delivered to her phone.

"Victoria has sent me a really nice message about today along with everyone else".

"That's nice of them did Laila send you a message?"

"Not yet".

"I'm surprise since you two spent most of the last four months scheming together".

"Darling sometimes scheming is necessary", He notices the sly smile on her face.

After breakfast Antonio and Debbie were driven to their engagement Debbie was surprise to see a very large crowd gathered to see her and Antonio. She exits the car and waves at everyone only to hear deafening cheers from the crowd.
She goes into the building and do her engagement along with her husband. When they exit the building Debbie goes on a walk about greeting the crowd with Antonio. She's given flowers teddy bears, cards and well wishes.
They return home when the engagement was over and Debbie looks in on Johan and Isabelle who was now six months old. She plays with them for a while then goes to see Antonio in his study.

Just as Debbie's schedule had increased before she took maternity leave. Antonio's schedule started increasing when she was on leave.

She cresses the back of his neck, "I though we were free till the state dinner tonight".

"I have some correspondences to reply to and I need to make sure everything is ready for my four day tour of Italy on Friday".

Debbie sits in the chair opposite his desk, "Of course you do it's been so long since I did a tour. I have forgotten about the prep beforehand I'll leave you to it".

Antonio walks over to her chair and crouches down next to her,"Stay for a while then we can have lunch together. I'll be free from three this afternoon we can take the children for a walk around the grounds."

Debbie lovingly touches his face and look into his eyes, "Okay".

She stayed till it was time for lunch Debbie was happy she and Antonio had found their rhythm and enjoyed the silence of being in a room together working. Debbie get her iPad and started looking through her emails while Antonio worked.