New Normal

"Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it".
-Helen Keller

"I get to give them the childhood I never had don't I?"

"Yes you do darling".

The next day Debbie felt better and agreed to her mother's request for a visit to see the children. She was getting dressed when Natalie came in with her shoes.

"I didn't think you would want to wear heels so I got you flats. How would you like your hair done shall I put it up or will you leave it down.

"Half up and half down please".

Natalie gives Debbie the shoes which she puts on then sits in a chair while Natalie does her hair. Debbie was glad she put her hairs in box braids before she gave birth to make things easier for herself.

"I take it you're felling better today ma'am".

"I'm thank you giving birth was painful and the recovery is tiring thank god I've help with the two kids. Lots of new mothers don't have four nannies to go home to like me".

When she was presentable Debbie looks at herself in the mirror. She was wearing a olive shirt dress with white trainers. She was makeup free and loved how she looked even with the bags under her eyes. Even though she had nannies she breastfeed the children as much as she could which meant getting up for night feeds.

Debbie walks into the dining room and pours herself a cup of tea then help herself to some fruits and pancakes. Her mother walked in as she was eating.

"Morning darling".

It has been almost four months since Irene came back in her life and Debbie had only recently started to feel like she has a mother,"Hi mum take a seat".

Debbie watches her mother take a seat and pour herself a cup of tea, "I thought you may like to go for a walk in the garden with me. You need some fresh air have the children been outside since they came home from the hospital?"

Debbie takes a bite of her pancake and chews then swallows before answering her mother. There's was a part of her wanting to say now you care but stopped herself. She had to collect herself if she wanted things to change she had to be part of the change. She wasn't going to forget her pain but she would try to move on for everyone's sake especially if Antonio was right about her parents sparking again.

"No they've not a walk is a very good idea we'll go after breakfast".

Debbie finishes her breakfast and tells the nannies to get the children ready. As she waited Debbie expressed some milk she was putting it in the fridge when her mother came in with the twins in a double buggy.

"I'll push the buggy since you need to be careful of your c-section scar".

"Thank you mother".

"Where's Antonio?"

"He has calls to make this morning and my father wanted to see him".

They exit the elevator with a nanny following them as Irene pushes the pram in the direction of the garden. They go outside and start walking around the garden, "I needed this thank you for the suggestion".

"You're welcome sweetie".

They find a bench and sit after half n hour of walking. Debbie ask the nanny to take a photo of her in the garden with her mother then she took some photos with her holding her children.

"I'm going to post some of those pictures to twitter after daddy sees them it will be a nice surprise for the public.

"That's a good idea".