The Interview

"The most valuable gift you can receive is an honest friend".
                     -Stephen Richards

Debbie sits down for the interview with the reporter who was called Allison Magnusson. All of Debbie's team was in the room as well as her father and his team. As she's miked up Debbie look around at everyone nervously as her father smiles at her. As she's asked questions about how she was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease then how the disease has impacted on her life. Debbie ponders silently about living with a chronic condition. When she makes clear that everything was okay with her now and it was just routine medication she was taking. The interviewer smiles and changes tack. 

She ask Debbie how different it would be for her studying in Denmark rather than the UK. Her father went to stop the interview, "It's okay daddy our people need to see that like them their future queen is just a regular person". Debbie talks fashion, music and the arts with Allison.

"You had a regular job what was that like for you Your Highness?"

"It was wonderful I'm passionate about numbers accountancy in fact. I wish more females studied the subject as well as STEM".

"Is there anything you're looking forward to doing in the near future your highness?"

"Yes, I'm attending the ballet in couple days and as I've said before I love the arts. I also have my first official engagement with my father to come".

The interviewer goes to ask another question but Debbie looks at her team who politely let everyone know the interview was over.

"I love your dress by the way it's a Danish designer right?"

"Of course it is Allison my job is to show Denmark to the world so they want to invest in it. Which means secure jobs for now and new job opportunities in the future".

As the mike is removed from her and the interviewer Allison whispers to Debbie, "You're incredibly smart and strong. I have Crohn's as well but I have a bag other people in my family struggle with it too. I want you to know that you have a friend in me and I will always fight your corner for you.  You want our country to thrive and you're proud of being Danish and when the racist come for you when you mess up which will happen. I will be shouting them down the loudest. Here's my phone number it's my private one if you need to vent about your Crohn's or just need a friend I'll be discreet. Not even my friends will know ask your father if I'm trustworthy or not".

"Thank you'".

Debbie walks with her father to the dining room, "Allison gave me her phone number. She has Crohn's Disease like me, daddy can she be trusted?"

"Allison found out about you some years ago when she was a newbie reporter I spoke to her and ask her to not print the story. She explained to me about her Crohn's and how she had to hide it from her co-workers. We talked and she gave me the papers that proved you existed and didn't tell her boss. 

Not long after that incident I heard she was looking for a new job. I had a friend who was looking to hire someone and got her the job it was all done very discreetly. When we want to leak something we give it to her not all the time though as questions would be asked. To answer your question she can be trusted she's only 25. She could be a good friend to you and you would have someone who truly understands your disease to talk to. She has a phone that can't be hacked it's given usually only to royalty, the government and trusted people".

Debbie and her father arrive in the dining room to see Susan at the table with her Uncle David and his family. They all rise and bow or curtesy to the king and his heir".

"I believe your aunt has something she wishes to say to you",  Debbie looks at her uncle then at her aunt.

"I apologise your Highness for my rudeness when I last saw you. I overstepped my boundaries you're the future queen after all".