The Summons

"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are"
                         -EE Cummings

Several weeks later Anette was summoned in front of Debbie and her father. Debbie watches as she walks in the room head held high while fake smiling at her. Anette curtsies and wait till Alexsander tells her to sit. "What can I do for you both it's not often I'm summoned by the king and his heir."

"A matter has come to our attention that must be dwell with swiftly", as her father talks Debbie notices Anette's face starts twitching. She figured she must know she was caught about the recording.

"Basically we know it was you who gave the newspaper a recording of me and my mother talking", Anette looks at Debbie and her father in shock then surprisingly relief. It was not the face of someone caught doing wrong which made Debbie and her father take note. "I'm curious why did you leave the most unpleasant bits out like my mother being paid to keep me?"

Anette looks Debbie in the eye, "I'm a member of this family how would it look if scandal like that was attached to something I belong to".

"I'm confuse people know I wasn't wanted".

"Yes but not the extent of how bad it was for you".

"Where's the original tape now?" Ask Alexsander.

"In my room under lock and keys".

"I need every copy you have and the original recording on my desk in an hour!"

"Oh daddy don't forget the names of the journalist she gave the exclusive to and every other person involved in my attempted humiliation".

Anette look at Debbie as if truly seeing her for the first time she often thought of her as that brat who didn't deserve what she had. In front of her stood a would be queen dominating her who could shape the rest of her life and Anette feared her for the first time ever.

"I will get them and bring them to you both", she stands and wait for permission to leave.

"Malthe will go with you as you retrieve the recordings my brother was sent on a unexpected engagement today. So he will not be there to see my security men go over his apartment with a fine tooth comb".

Anette stares at the king in shock, "But the staff will talk this will get back to my husband.  How do I explain the searching to him".

Debbie walks and stands in front of Anette, "Did you see the pictures I posted of my mum and I to Instagram? It's already gotten over 2 million likes. You should have a look two black queens looking regal in a garden setting. You try to humiliate me and instead the people love me more. If it wouldn't cause a scandal for the family I would throw you to the wolves. Imagine how upset the people would be knowing you could of cost the deaths of their heirs".

Anette swallows nervously and looks at the king who smiles at Debbie, "She will be a fine queen don't you think. When the time comes she will have that firm hand to keep the family in line now leave us".

Anette leaves and his greeted by Malthe when the door closes Debbie turns to her father, "Is it me or did she expect us to be mad about something else?"

"It's not just you I noticed it too she was way too calm for someone getting a bollocking".

Alexsander knew what Anette thought they knew but Victoria ask him to not say anything to Debora about what he knew about her mother. He was fulfilling her request but he was going to do his best to persuade Victoria to tell his daughter the truth. So they could get rid of Anette once and for all.

Don't you have to see Victoria Daddy".

"Thank you for reminding me sweetie",.

Debbie leaves her father's study and go see the twins she and Antonio were still on parental leave. She greets Isabelle's nanny Sarah, "Hi how has she been?"