Love

"A woman never forgets how a man treated her during the times she needed him most"
       -Unknown

Debbie was sat in the university cafeteria with the five friends she met in her first year who turned out to be really wonderful friends. She told them about Antonio months before and they didn't tell the press and Greg ended up being a really good friend to have. Since he gave her relationship advice from a male point of view.

"So the cat is out the bag how are you feeling?" Ask Eva.

"I'm not sure the newspapers seem happy about it and you've seen the thumbs up signs I've been getting here from other students".

"We've also heard why couldn't she find a brother to marry from our fellow black students. Look we're both blacks you knew that line would crop up because you're dating outside your race".

"I felt in love with Antonio he just happens to be white".

Eva takes her hands and squeezes it, "I know sweetie".

That weekend Antonio was going to be visiting for two weeks Debbie's father and grandfather wanted to speak to him. Now that the relationship was out in the open there was a lot more press following both Debbie and Antonio. That night she pleaded with her dad not to give Antonio too much of a hard time.

"I need to know what his intentions are".

"We're happy isn't that enough."

"Debora the world now knows about your relationship there will be marriage rumours constantly".

"It's too early for that dad".

"I know sweetie but he's going to see those headlines, I need to know if him seeing the constant coverage about your relationship make him run from the relationship".

"That's a conversation for him and I to have dad".

"He's still going to get a grilling from me and your grandfather we don't want him to hurt you sweetie".

"I know dadst just don't be too harsh on him".

Debbie was happy on Friday when she came home and saw Antonio waiting for her in her living room. He was staying in her apartment with her during his visit.

"So everyone knows about us I knew we couldn't keep our relationship secret forever but it's just weird now".

"In what way?" Inquires Debbie.

"You know our father's and grandfather's are best friends", she nods. "It's like they automatically think there will be a wedding now. The Spanish press can't get enough of us the palace press officials keep getting emails asking for every minute details of our courtship".

"We knew once the press found out about us they would be focused on our relationship. We both know our families are happy we're dating and want us to get married eventually. The  thing is it's OUR decision if we get engaged not theirs".

Antonio takes Debbie's hand and kisses it then hugs her, "I love you so much I don't know what I did to deserve you".

"I love you too lets make the most of our two weeks together I got so much planned for us to do".

The following day they decide to just spend the day together since she had a rare engagement on the Sunday. It was Debbie's only engagement while he was visiting her. Theo, Greg and Antonio was spending the day together while Debbie was on her engagement. Theo it turns out was a really sweet and kind guy who became a good friend to Debbie. He didn't care she was a princess and she loved that about him. She was grateful to have him in her life. He could be blunt at times with her but Debbie knew she needed someone like that in her life. They were both heirs and understood the burden that comes with having to take over from their fathers.