England

"Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it".
       -Helen Keller

Debbie and Antonio was on the plane on their way to Great Britain for their last tour before their wedding. It was also their first overseas tour together as a couple.  Although the plane was packed with their staff they had some time to themselves. Antonio takes Debbie's hands in his, "In a few weeks we will be married".

"It's getting closer and closer it's a good job your Danish is really good now since every bit of the wedding will be examined".

"You're the most popular royal on the planet".

"Don't remind me starting from the receiving line when we hit English soil to the day we wed, I guarantee it will be nonstop articles about our wedding".

True to her words they were received by the Prime Minister of the country and other dignitaries. It was midday when they arrived in London to a sea of press. Their plane had royal reporters on the plane with them which was normal when doing overseas tours.

Debbie and Antonio arrived at their home for the week where they shower and change into matching outfits. Antonio wore a blue suit with a black tie and Debbie wore a light blue cotton dress with black heels.  After lunch they were driven to their first engagement which was a tea dance.  It was part of a project to help reduce isolation in the older generation. As Debbie played bingo she chatted to the other people at her table until a gentleman ask her to dance. As she dances with him she saw Antonio dancing with an elderly lady.

The next engagement was at a centre providing a safe place to do homework for children living in Brixton, a inner city era of London. Debbie watches as Antonio asked informative questions while talking to both the children and the staff. She saw the passion in him as he talked with the different types of people. She knew he wanted to establish a fund similarly to the Princess Trust in Great Britain and also a charity for at risk children as part of his new foundation.

As she talked to the children she couldn't helped noticing that some of them had scars and how some of them seemed scared to look at her. She noticed a young man who wasn't really participating at all. She ask to speak to him alone when Debbie sk him about the bruise she could see on his arm and he didn't answer her. She assures him if he was being hurt at home or at school she could get him somewhere safe.

He said nothing for ten minutes then began to talk about his unhappy home life and the beatings he gets there. As Debbie listens to him speak her heart broke. She called the manager in and with the young man Darren's permission told him what he was experiencing. Darren begged the manager to not let him go home.

Debbie's private secretary knocks on her door to tell her that they need to go. Debbie explained to Darren she needs to go but would make sure that he was safe.

Later Debbie cried in the car after explaining everything to Antonio. Their last engagement for the day was a reception at their temporary home.

As Debbie walked around and greeted people and made small talk she contrasts it with the previous engagement. As she looked at the people in their expensive clothes an idea forms in her head. The charity she had just been to needed funding so she began to talk about the great work she thought the place did and the lack of funding.

Many people said they would donate money to it Debbie knew they would. It would be social suicide to tell a royal they would and not do it. She made sure to mention she would be getting in touch with the charity over the following weeks to see how they use the new funds.

The Danish ambassador makes a speech and he congratulated her and Antonio on their upcoming wedding. After his speech she made one thanking him for the hospitality and thank all the people for coming.

The dinner with the queen went well Debbie liked being with Mary she gave her great advice on dealing with her role as a future queen. This was Debbie's first visit to England since she found out she was a princess but Mary and other members of the British Royal Family had visited her family in Denmark.

Debbie had a lot of family members now and she loved it because she grew up not feeling loved. She was incredibly grateful to know how truly loved she was. It was weird having Meghan curtsy to her, the first time it happened Debbie was with her father so she figured it was him Meghan curtsied to.  As a Crown Princess Debbie was higher up in the picking order than her so when her father wasn't there Meghan still had to curtsy to her.

On her third night in London Debbie took Antonio to her favourite fish and chip shop in London. The smell of the vinegar when she walked inside the shop made her feel nostalgic. She orders fish and chips and Antonio orders the same along with a battered sausage. Everyone in the shop was surprised to see them but didn't bother them. By the time they arrive back at the Danish embassy they had finished the food.

"That was really tasty no wonder you like it I have loved you showing me places that mean a lot to you", says Antonio.

The next day in a regular car Debbie shows him where she used to live and worked. They then went back to the embassy to change it was the day she was going to visit her old hospital. As Debbie walks in and greets the receiving line she sees her old consultant and the head of the hospital.  When she arrives at the children's ward she felt calm everyone on the ward had a bowel disorder. She was in a room with people that she understood some of what they were going through. She wasn't stupid enough to think everyone with Crohn's had the same symptoms but she knew that they all understood the pain that came with it. She chatted to the kids and teenagers then she and Antonio made their way to the adult ward.
Debbie looked at the patients all around her as with the children's ward she could see those who had surgery. Those who were rail thin because their disease was flaring and those who were clearly feeling better. She remembered how it was for her dealing with a flare up.

She starts a conversation with a woman who was recovering from surgery and as they talk she was able to understand just what the women was going through. Antonio was talking to the partner of a patient about supporting a love one with IBD.

Debbie and Antonio had tea with some of the doctors and nurses before they left the hospital. The night before they left the U.K. they attended a party thrown in their honour by the queen.

For their last day in England Debbie took Antonio to Harrods and they bought some clothes and gifts for their friends and families. They enjoy a meal in the seafood restaurant the food was still as good as Debbie remembered .  She also made a private donation to the charity they visited in Brixton. She was glad to hear Darren was removed permanently from his house for his safety.

As they arrive back in Denmark Debbie steered herself for the busy few weeks aheads. She had six weeks to go till her wedding and there was still a lot of planning to do.

On her first day back at university Debbie had several makeup tests to take which she took and pass.  She was glad she only had a couple months till university was finally over. The stress was beginning to get to her since  now she was also working at an accounting office several days a week. So she could get her full qualifications something the press didn't know about. She had to do certain hours working in accounting to get qualified from the accounting body.

The weeks pass and Debbie went to see her grandfather she was surprise to see him crying.

"Grandpa what's wrong is it your health?"

"Your mother came to see me I told her what I did and ask her for forgiveness. She seemed to have changed she's found religion but then again I thought she had changed once before.  And you paid a high price for my belief in her".