Caution

"The great thing about new friends is that they bring new energy to your soul".
-Shanna Rodriguez

Debbie was in her last class of the day and she was sat with her new friends. She knew Thomas was outside the classroom door with Malthe. She listened to what her professor was telling her and wrote down the reading she had to do that night.  When the class was over she packs up and leaves  first for safety reasons with her lady-in-waiting following behind her.

She logs on to Twitter as her car makes its way through the streets of Copenhagen there were the usual accounts telling where her outfit was from.  There was also praise for her for continuing her education. Debbie was wearing grey jeans with a white shirt and a grey cardigan with white Adidas trainers and her hair was in a messy bun. 

There were lots of pictures of her taken that day posted on Twitter. Debbie check some newspapers websites and see that her new almost friends details were in print already. She checked Eva's and the other women's social media's to see it was now private.

Since Debbie was at university the press wasn't suppose to be bothering her because an agreement was made between them and the palace. They get to take photos of her outside her university on her first day at school and she would do some interviews while studying in exchange for them leaving her alone while she studied.

When Debbie arrives home she went to see her grandfather who was doing great. She was glad the treatments were working and his tumour continues to shrink.

"Debora how was your first day of university I see you've made some friends".

Hey grandpa", she walks over to his chair and kisses him on the forehead.
"I now know what an animal in a zoo feels like so I was glad only I would be in the bathroom at school whenever I used it. It gave me a little bit of time to myself. You know those girls actually shout me over to their table. Debbie knew she didn't have to say which girls her grandfather seems to know everything that went on in the castle. "I'm seeing how they're first before I even think of giving them my contact details".

"Unfortunately as the Crown Princess the interest in you will never go away you're wise to be weary of your new friends. You need to trust that if you have a night out or get drunk with them it's not in the tabloids the next day".

"It would be nice to have some friends at school. I'm hoping they become people I can trust".

"I know you suffered from loneliness for a long time and that a group of friends not related to you is a new concept. Please don't let your desire to have something you've wanted for such a long time blind you to their faults".

"I won't, how was your day?"

"Good I'm getting stronger each day. It helps the burden of the crown isn't weighing down so heavily on me.  As you know Emma started her 14 day tour of the Far East today".

"Yes, she text me to say she arrived safely she has been wanting to show the people what she's capable of for sometime".

"She will do well on her tour she's reliable that one. How's your relationship with her mother?"

"Why do you ask grandpa?"

"I hear she's been whispering with you doing only some royal duties while studying it means her daughters get to shine. There's more press here for your first day of university than is on the tour with Emma although I gather some of them will join her later this week".

"I'm not competing with my cousins I've family finally. If Emma wants to shine let her shine I'm still taking speaking lessons and learning how to conduct myself as a royal from you and dad".

"You truly are one of a kind Debora not a hint of jealousy from you".

"While my cousins can get away with a lot I can't, maybe as time progresses that's where the jealousy will come in".

"Enjoy this time in your life Debora it's freedom you will look back on it and be glad you get to experience it. Your father and I got to eighteen and was plunged into our Crown Prince roles. I wished I got just a little taste of the freedom you're experiencing now".

After her chat with her grandfather Debbie saw her father who explained to her some of the things he had done that day that she will also do in the future.

"Dad I talked to grandpa and realised how lucky I'm to live a normal life for nineteen years of my life and now even while being at uni I still have some freedom.  On one of my breaks from uni can the three of us go on holiday somewhere please?  If we can't I don't mind going to the winter palace grandpa should hopefully be given the all clear by then".

"That's a lovely idea Debora but my diary has been planned months in advance", after seeing the disappointment on her face. Alexsander says, "I will see what I can do and don't forget you still have some engagements to do when you have your holidays from university".

"I won't dad I best go and do my homework see you at dinner".

Debbie leaves her father's study and walks into her apartment she changes into jogging buttons and a Simpson t-shirt. She begins her required reading for her classes grateful for having worked at an accountancy firm. Later she walks into the dinning room to see her father and uncle and cousins. Debbie was surprise to see her cousins they could only dine with her if she invited them to do so.

Everyone but her father stands up when she enters, "Surprise your dad thought you may have like to see us after your first day of university," says William beaming.

"It's a lovely surprise thank you daddy".