Strength

"People cry, not because they're weak. It's because they've been strong for too long".
- Johnny Depp

Debbie would also have to go to the hospital the next day to have test done to see what was the cause of her anaemia.  That night Antonio made sure she ate her dinner and take the iron tablets she was prescribed. He was extremely worried that her Crohn's Disease maybe be flaring and causing her issues. But he didn't want to scare his wife by voicing his concerns out loud.

"I'm really thirsty can you make me a cup of tea please?"

"Of course darling".

Antonio leaves and goes to the kitchen in their apartment and makes the tea when he walks back into the bedroom he almost drops the cup in his hand. Debbie's skin looked extremely pale and he could see she was fighting to stay awake. He gives her the tea and watches as she drinks it all.  Then he takes the empty cup from her and kisses her on the forehead.

He goes to see the children in the nursery and he sees the nanny making up a bottle of milk. He leaves the room saying nothing the doctor informed them that supplemental milk was needed. As Debbie's breastmilk may have been insufficient food for the children.

Antonio goes into his study and cries he couldn't imagine his life without Debbie in it. He knew she would be upset that she couldn't feed their children adequately. He knew she would be wondering if her disease had come back. He loved her so much and didn't like seeing her upset, sick, or in pain. He collects himself because he knew he needed to be strong for his wife and children. His family needs him to be their top priority he calls Debbie's father.

"Sir, I was wondering with everything happening if I could go back to engagements in about a month's time instead of this coming Monday. My family needs me and I want to be there for them".

"I'll speak to your private secretary and see what engagements you have then let you know. I'm happy to see you prioritising your family. Thank you for looking after my daughter once we know what's causing the anaemia we need to tell the public. I know Debora isn't doing engagements for another six months but as you're taking extra paternity leave the public needs to know why".

"Thank you sir".

"Have you spoken to your friends about Debora yet?"

"No sir I haven't this is family stuff I don't talk to them about things like this".

"It's very good you understand that somethings are not for friends to hear why don't you and Victoria strike up a friendship. You both need a friend right now and Debora tells me she likes your best-friend Diego. If they both start dating you will be interacting with her more and more".

"Debbie suggested the same thing I'll call her tomorrow and arrange something with her".

"Goodnight my boy".

"Goodnight sir".

Antonio goes into the bathroom and wash his face and brush his teeth then slips behind his wife in bed holding her sleeping body in a loving embrace.

The next day Antonio and Debbie go to the hospital. Debbie had test done for her Crohn's Disease and test done on her by her OBGYN . Debbie and Antonio both sit in a private room with her doctors to discuss the results. Her Crohn's doctor starts.

"You're still in remission but your disease does cause anaemia but I can't say for sure it's what's causing the blood lost you're experiencing".

Debbie's other doctor takes over, "You've had twins which in itself coupled with a C-section can cause something call Postpartum Anaemia. The good thing is we caught it before it got too bad your level is 6.9 one more point and you would have severe iron deficiency instead of moderate. I suggest you rest and take it easy you'll need to use bottle milk as a supplement for now for the twins".

"Thank you doctor are the kids weight okay?"

"Yes your Highness they both weigh over 10lbs now".

Debbie looks visually relief hearing that she thanks the doctors then she and Antonio leave the hospital with their children. Antonio holds her hand in the car all the way home he knew she was hurting and needed comfort. He also knew the car wasn't the place to have the conversation they needed to have.

When they arrive home Debbie ask the nanny to put the children in the crib in her and Antonio's bedroom. "Are you sure your highness?"

"Yes Sarah I'll buzz you to get them later also can you make up a bottle for both of them please they're due a feed".

"As you wish".

Sarah leaves and Debbie changes into sweatpants and a vest then sits on the edge of the bed. She looks at Antonio and holds her arms out to him. He hugs her in an embrace and feels wetness above his belly button as she cries silently.

He bends down and holds her face in his hands, "Don't every forget I'm got you. I know I'm not the one experiencing all the awful symptoms of anaemia but I want you to know. I'm going to support you through this".

Debbie wipes her eyes and look at Antonio, "I've just given birth and I can't enjoy the first precious few weeks with our children properly. Hell I can't even give them enough milk from my body I'm a terrible mother. I've wanted to be a mother for so long and imagine how it would be after the children were born. This wasn't in my plans".

"I know I'm sorry it was in none of our plans just remember you've had the first three weeks of their lives to just be a mom to them. You're feeding twins not one baby but two, look at it this way up until yesterday they were exclusively breastfeed and they're a normal weight. You're being too hard on yourself darling things will get better and you will have those precious moments you desired with our children. They're here in the room with you sleeping soundly darling you're a great mother and I'm proud of you for not holding those feelings in".

"You think I'm a great mum".

"No Debora I KNOW you're a great mum even with four nannies the children spent more time with us than them. You need to heal from your c-section and your iron levels need to come up. The doctor wants you to rest that is the best thing for you I'm going to make sure you eat right as well. There will be lots of iron rich food to bring your levels up. You know how into nutrition I'm to the point I even minored in it at university. Right now you feel overwhelmed anyone in your position would feel like that. As your body heals you'll get stronger and our little rugrats will be here happy to see there mama getting stronger".

"Thank you".

"No thank you for giving me two beautiful children unfortunately their birth has cause some complications. I'm sorry about that but the thing is your Crohn's Disease is fine and I'm happy about that. Why because a scar heals and iron tablets do work. But complications from your Crohn's Disease wouldn't have you here with us in this room but a hospital bed instead for weeks".

"What did I do to deserve you".

"Nothing but being your amazing self".

Sarah comes in with the bottles for the twins Antonio's and Debbie take a child each wakes them up and feeds them. Debbie look down at Isabelle, "I'm glad my Crohn's is fine too and I'm here with my family".

Later when the children were in the nursery Debbie snuggled up in bed with Antonio, "You know Debs the doctor expects you to rest and I expect you to obey him".

"Don't worry I'll rest and while I'm resting I'll be plotting with Leila".

"Well that's one way to past the time", Antonio smiles lovingly at her. "Now go to sleep you need to rest".

Antonio lays down next to Debbie as she falls asleep then get his laptop out and see if his schedule had changed.

He was now free on Monday he knew it was best to wait for the king to tell him directly if he had the next four weeks free. He look down at Debbie sleeping and runs a hand through her hair. She stirs and reach out for him he closes his laptop and lay beside her happy and contented.

Antonio being a grade A husband to Debbie 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽 for someone like Debbie who grew up feeling unloved I'm all for it.

Only a few chapters left what do you guys think of the story so far?