Party

"Don't settle you're not sediment".
-Nadine Tomlinson

Debbie finds her father talking to the country's Prime Minister who bows to her.

"Your Royal Highness you did a splendid job today I look forward to our chats together. I hear you have your first engagement next week are you looking forward to it?"

"I'm but I'm looking forward to touring my new university even more".

"You are the first Crown Prince or Princess in Danish history to have held a normal job. You are showing a progressive Denmark to the world".

"Excuse me Mr Thomas, dad I need to mingle have you seen David. I need him to introduce me to some of these people".

"You have your phone with you call him and tell him where you're and he will come to you".

Debbie follows her father's advise and calls David she looks at her bodyguards who follows her every move.

"David is looking for me can you please bring him to me", she ask Thomas.

Thomas leaves her and Debbie takes a glass of champagne from a passing waiter. She looks around the room it was at least ninety-eight percent white. Debbie laughs to herself she was one of the only few ethnic people in the room and next to her father. She was the most important person in the damn room.

She starts thinking about how the press treated the new British princess and wonder if the Danish press will be the same way. Then she remembers her grandfathers and fathers advice.

"Unfortunately there will be some of that type of thing happening here but it will never get to the British press stage. You're the people's next ruler and you represent our country. There are pockets of far right groups in the country it can't be denied. But our country has become more ethnically diverse than its ever been. And our country's pride would shut down things like that. That's not to say they won't criticise you once your newness wears off".

Victoria comes over to her, "I'm sorry about before you're right I should never have allowed Oscar to go unchallenged. Thank you for allowing my siblings to do some engagements with you. I hear some of the other royal houses have demoted non direct heirs. While they still have their prince and princess titles they lost their HRH".

"It seems like you're only apologising so you don't loose your HRH status".

Victoria looks bucked eye, "No I'm saying I appreciate what I have. I won't be hanging around Oscar and his group of friends anymore".

"I walk up to the group to see you holding court aren't they your friends as well?"

"The truth is I know they only hang around me for my HRH title. They kinda use to bully me when we were at school together".

"Then why the hell are you hanging around those losers?"

"I'm dyslexic it's always been hard for me to make friends".

"There's nothing wrong with being dyslexic some of the smartest and most popular people on this planet are dyslexic. I believe one of them is even a princess. Don't use that as an excuse for being brow beaten you know Eleanor Roosevelt once said, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent stop giving your consent".

"I wanted to study at university but didn't apply because I didn't think I was smart enough".

"What did you want to study?"

"International Relations".

"I've seen some of your speeches, you're amazing why don't you come along on the university tour with me".

"I can't the tour is for the Crown Princess not the fourth-in-line to the throne. I'll go another time perhaps later this week but thank you for your kind words. I'll look into doing a part-time course once I find a course I want to study. I'll speak to my parents who will then need you and your father's permission for me to study".

Seeing Debbie's surprise face Victoria smiles at her, "You and your father has to approve everything my family and I do as we are working junior royals".

"Wow damn I have power".

David comes over to her, "Your Royal Highness you wanted to see me".

"Yes I need someone to tell me who some of these people are. I'll be interested in knowing who that idiot lord Oscar's parents are. By the way never invite and I mean never invite that toe rag to any parties or formal functions you plan for me in the future".

"I don't know why your cousin hang around with him".

Debbie stops walking, "He insulted me and she didn't see what the big deal was. She has apologised for not sticking up for me after I got mad at her".

"His brother is heir to a Dukedom and he's not because of that he has a chip on his shoulder. He's had problems with drugs and alcohol in the past".

"And no one think to drag Victoria's ass away from him before".

"Her parents tried she's just wild".

David introduces Debbie to several people she needed to meet. When she met Oscar's parents she was surprised at how warm and down to earth they were. She was introduced to their eldest son Theo the Earl of Copenhagen. He was about 6'2 with a slim build but you could see his muscles underneath his clothes. He had brown hair and deep green eyes Debbie thought he was stunning,

"Your Royal Highness It's lovely to meet you might I say you're looking lovely tonight".

"Thank you".

Debbie blushes then remembers who he was related to. Luckily for her a footman comes into the room to say dinner was served.  Debbie and her father walk first into the dining room she knew beforehand where she would sit. She had the Belgium king on her left and the Spanish Crown Princess on her right. She try to remember the rules for who she should speak to first and starts a conversation with the Belgium King.

"Your majesty I look forward to one day visiting your country. I hear the people are warm and friendly".

The Belgium King a thin blonde hair, blue eyed man smiles at her. "I hear you speak several languages the world can't stop talking about the new princess. Although technically you were always a princess. Your father and I are great friends I hope to have you visit my country soon".

"Thank you your majesty".

The king turns to speak to someone else and Debbie turns to speak to the Spanish Crown Princess. She was a beautiful woman who was six years older than her.

"Tu vestido es hermoso, vi su discurso en la ONU fue inspirador".(your dress is very beautiful I saw your speech at the U.N. It was inspiring".

"Gracias, espero que noshagamos buenos amigos(Thank you I hope we can become good friends). Sonos capaces de comprender la presion que conlleva ser una future Reina(we are able to understand the pressure that comes with being a future queen).

"That is true we're unique".

Debbie realises she's speaking English and was about to translate when Marie the Spanish princess starts to laugh.

"Don't worry I speak English your spanish is very good".

"Your English isn't so bad", counters Debbie they exchange phone numbers.

Some of the other diners were giving them odd looks but neither woman cared. The next day as she was eating breakfast Debbie strolled thought the newspapers headlines. She saw there was talk of her and Theo talking and speculation if something could come of it. There was nothing about his brother insulting her which she was glad of.

"As if I would get into a relationship now when I have so much to learn and do", she says out loud to herself.

Her staff walk in the dining room and bow to her. They greet her then start to tell her about her day.

"Wait before you start the meeting who planted that story with Theo?"

"I would imagine a friend of his I'm sure his family is smart enough not to run to the newspaper themselves. They're trying to use you for a come up as the young people say. He will now be invited to parties and events because he was once in a room with you".