Changes

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy"
-Issac Newton

The engagement with the other royal women was a complete success according to Debbie's father. Two days later William took Debbie to see a organisation that was using sports to give at risk kids a safe place to go to for a few hours a day. Debbie could see the passion he had for the organisation he was a patron of. She was glad he had something he was so proud of being a part of.

She was now getting request from organisations wanting her to be their patron. She hadn't given them a yes or no answer as yet. Instead she was taking her time to find out about each organisation before making a decision.

Nothing that was said at her small birthday party was repeated to the press which Debbie was extremely happy about. She had a week to herself before she went on a five day tour of Sweden. So she decides to invite Allison, Maja, Emma and Victoria to the mountains with her.

She needed some down time since she had been working nonstop. Debbie used to think royals had it easy they just turn up and wave or cut a ribbon. Boy was she wrong there were meetings with government officials, prep work for engagements.  As well as the actual engagements themselves.

Debbie went and looked at her new university again without the press being present then had different meetings with her teachers.

When Debbie arrives at the winter palace the tiredness she had been feeling hits her. She decides to sleep for a while then get a tour of the palace.  WhEn she woke up it was three hours had passed.  She brushes her teeth and washes her face then she leaves the bathroom and goes in search of Natalie and Maja.

Debbie follows a footman to the drawing room where the others were talking amongst themselves. They stand up when she enters the room. She hated that formality had to always be present.

"If you allow them to not obey protocol behind close doors. It will become easy for them to forget to do it in front of important people and how would that look", Debbie remembers her father saying to her.

Maja walk up to her, "Would you like me to order you some food your Highness?"

"Actually if you would show me where the kitchen is that would be better.  I need a word with the chef".

Debbie and Maja walk to the kitchen and as they walk Debbie look around the palace, there were pictures of her even here. She knows she had to sit for a portrait to be released on her 21st birthday.

"Maja how are you finding the job?"

"I'm loving it so far",  answers Maja excitedly.  "As you know I was working with an old Duchess before you. She was very kind but it's nice to be around people my own age Ma'am".

The footman accompanying them stops outside the door to the kitchen and they walk inside. It was very big and professional looking.  The kitchen staff all bow to Debbie who let the head chef know what she wanted to eat for dinner each day she was there. As her Crohn's Disease was under control and she needed a high calorie diet. Debbie ask to be served healthy meals with a certain treat at every meal.

She stayed while the chef made her a mixberry smoothie which she thanks him for then started drinking as she and Maja walked back to the drawing room.

Everyone watches her as she drinks her smoothie, "I've plan a lot of activities for us to do while we're here including hiking and fishing.  I've come here for rest and relaxation because god knows I need it. The day before we leave here no activities are plan. I know you guys know better but I don't expect to see any uninvited guest here during the week. Security will not allow anyone in and no photos are to be posted to social media. I may post some photos to the official website like daddy suggested but none of them will identity any of you. It will just be shots of me doing outdoor activities. It's about showing off the beauty of Denmark to the world it's not a pissing contest. This is our first group activity I hope I can trust all of you to be discreet. Let me just say I have no problem cutting people out of my friendship group if I can't trust them".