Good News

"Make happiness a priority and be gentle with yourself in the process".
-Bonnie Ware

Life was getting busier and busier for Debbie and she didn't get a chance to watch her wedding video with Emma till a week before she finish university. Her father wanted her to accompany him on more and more engagements and she was hosting more and more receptions at the palace with Antonio and by herself. She had two engagements to do the week before her graduation.  She held a reception for nurses then one for the 100 anniversary of the army forces.

When foreign dignitaries visit Denmark Debbie and Antonio always had to be at the formal dinners held in their honour if it was a state visit.

After being in Denmark for two years Debbie's father started to include her more and more into planning for state visits.  As well as dealing with the complicated task of planning state dinners.

Debbie was lucky to have Antonio since he was very good at organising things in fact he excelled at it. On Debbie's very last day at university the press were there. She felt sad leaving university but was glad of the opportunity to study, something her father and uncle never had. She now had five wonderful lifelong friends she met there.

Debbie stood on the steps of her university after leaving the building for the last time while the press took photographs and fired questions at her. She smiles for the photographers and expressed how happy she was to have had the chance to study. She started to feel extremely tired and hungry so on the way home she had the driver stop off at McDonald's where she orders five chicken selects and a large Big Mac meal.

Debbie ate her meal in the car when she arrives home she went in search of Natalie".

"Hi Nat, I got you a Big Mac meal I know it's your favourite". Natalie takes the bag from her.

"Thank you Your Highness", Natalie opens the McDonald's bag and makes a start on the french fries.

"Is Antonio around?"

"He's helping your father with something he said to tell you he will be a while".

Debbie get her government given information out and starts working on it. As she was heir to the throne she was given daily briefings on what was happening in the country. She regularly had meetings with the Prime Minister by herself and with her father.

Debbie was so engrossed in her work she didn't realise that several hours had past. It wasn't until Antonio came into the room to tell her they were having dinner with the family that she realises it was dinner time. When she arrived at the dining room door Antonio took her into the adjoining room instead.

"Surprise ", yelled all Debbie's family members except Victoria who was still in rehab. Debbie was very touched they had thrown her a surprise party.

"Oh my god Maria", shouts Debbie.

Debbie and Maria hug each other as Anette walk over to where Debbie and Maria were and congratulate Debbie on graduating university. Debbie enjoys her party she loved seeing Antonio's family again and wished Victoria was there to celebrate with her. Debbie looks at the feast of British food on the dining table including a roast chicken dinner(her favourite meal), fish and chips and jam roll polly.

The next day Debbie felt very sick and vomited only for her stomach to start cramping after. She was given an urgent appointment with her Danish Consultant. The doctor did various test on her except a X-ray which Debbie thought was weird.  Debbie knew in order for the doctor to know if she was in a flare she needed a X-ray to be done on her bowel to see how bad any flare up was. This was usually done alongside any blood test she had.

"Give it to me doc do I need another resection?"

"Actually no", the doctor smiles at her

"So it's just the beginning of a flare up?"

"Actually you're pregnant ma'am we did a pregnancy test. Since you can get cramps while pregnant with your condition".

Debbie was in shock she couldn't help smiling she thought with the drugs she was on and her disease it may not happen.

"Oh gosh the medication I've been taking will have hurt the baby?"

"Don't forget we changed your medication before you went on honeymoon. You've been in remission for a while so we changed up your medication to less powerful meds.

"Sorry I've been so busy I forgot so what happens now?"

"We find you a OBGYN she will be able to tell you more.".

"I'll be under the Royal Family's Obstetrician".

"But of course I'll be working closely with him/her. In fact your whole team here will liaise with him or her.

"I don't need to tell you this needs to be kept secret I'm not sure how pregnant I'm yet".

"Of course ma'am as you're in remission your pregnancy should be like a non diagnosed women pregnancy. You had quite a lot of food you don't normally eat a lot of yesterday. Your medication will need to be looked at again. Once we do that we will make a new action plan for you and congratulations again."

"Thank you".

As Debbie was driven home she texted her father to get her grandfather, Antonio and his family together as she needed to tell them something. When she arrived home she found everyone in the drawing room.

They all looked concerned when they see her.

"Are you in a flare?" her father ask sadly.

She smiles, "I'm pregnant I don't know how many weeks yet since I haven't been to see the OBGYN yet".

The people in the room starts cheering and her father hugs her. Then Antonio takes a turn before everyone else hugs her too.

"It goes without saying this new information doesn't leave this room", warns Debbie's father.

"Of course your majesty", replies Antonio.

Debbie tells everyone what her doctor told her about her disease and the effect on her pregnancy. Everyone looks visibly relieved at the reassurance Debbie's doctor gave her.

"We need you to see the royal doctor immediately it's a good job the palace have all the equipment a OBGYN would need", says Antonio's mother wiping a tear from her eyes.

She looks at her husband and Alexsander, "We're going to be grandparents at last. I have waited so long to hear I'll be a grandmother".

Two hours later Debbie was with her new doctor who was looking at the screen of Debbie and Antonio's baby, he addresses them.

"You're just over two months pregnant ma'am I'll be able to tell you more at your next visit with me".

Debbie thanks the doctor and she and Antonio leaves the room they go in search of their family where they share with them details about the baby.