Love And Hate

⚠️This chapter deals with a racially motivated murder".⚠️

"In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends"
-Martin Luther King

Around noon Antonio joins Debbie in the dining room,  "I was wondering if you wanted to watch a movie with me later?" She ask him shyly.

He looks at her in surprise, "I would love to.  The old man is looking really well".

"I know I'm so thankful Antonio.  What are your plans while you're here?"

"It's a private visit so I'm just spending time getting to know you and reacquainting myself with everyone else".

Debbie found out that night that Antonio was into documentaries, Dr Who, Sherlock and Scandinavian film noir. He was shy and nothing like the tabloids made him out to be and he had a great sense of humour. As they argued over who was the better doctor Matt Smith or David Tentant(Smith obviously). She thought wow a guy who's nerdy in the best way possible I hope he likes me. When she tells him she went to London comic con he was happy she experience something so amazingly normal.

They talked for three hours straight getting to know each other better and when the night was over Debbie couldn't stop smiling. She says goodnight to her father and grandfather who saw the happiness on her face. They smile while looking at each other with knowing looks behind her back.

Debbie was finishing up her homework the following day when Antonio walks into the living room.

"Hi I hope I'm not disturbing you".

She look up at him he was wearing black jeans with a white shirt and black Vans her mouth watered a little bit.

"Uhm no I'm finish did you want something?"

"Yeah do you want to go on a date with me?" She smiles.

"Yes I would love to".

"I was thinking we could go out for a drink my best friend Diego told me about a private members club that does great food and drinks nearby".

"Sounds lovely I've never been to a members club before what time were you thinking?"

"I thought about 4 o'clock that way we can spent a few hours getting to know each other better before we have dinner with your family later".

"That's a great idea let me just sort out my university stuff then I'll get the kitchen to bring up my chicken tikka masala I made for you".

"You cooked?"

"Yes".

Debbie clears the table and calls the kitchen asking for two portions of her chicken and rice meal to be sent up.

"This is so good how do you even know how to cook this type of food?" Antonio ask before taking another bite of the delicious chicken.

"London is a cosmopolitan city and I learned from a combination of YouTube, cookbooks and asking questions in Indian restaurants".

The date to the private members club was eye opening for Debbie, celebrities, politicians and minor royalty were there. Debbie was there as a guest of Antonio's and the club offers her membership on the spot when they saw her.

"I'll think about it".

The receptionist just stares at Debbie not believing he's seeing the Crown Princess up close.  Antonio walks Debbie into the club house. It really did look like a stereotype of what you see in British movies about places upper class people visit.
There was a Library filled with Literary classics such as Moby Dick and the rooms had large armchairs, sofas and tables with lamps on them.