I Need To Be Able To Trust You

"Today is your opportunity to build the tomorrow you want".
-Ken Poirot

Debbie turns to one of the footmen, "Thank you for opening the door".

She walks back the way she came and sees Natalie, "I would like some pancakes for breakfast do I tell you?"

"Yes I will order that from the kitchen for you for future reference the phone on your bedside table has a button for the kitchen as well ma'am. If I'm not here just pick it up and order for yourself".

Debbie walks over to the phone and sees it's a landline. She looks at the buttons and sees its labeled with dad, kitchen, Natalie, secretary. She looks on the table and sees a list of extension numbers for different rooms in the palace and her security team.

While she waits for her breakfast Debbie goes on the internet to see what's being said about her. The British tabloids were wondering why she hadn't been seen in public before now. The American tabloids were going gaga over someone with American blood who will be queen.

She opens Twitter and sees her phone is in the Danish language. Debbie didn't remember buying a Danish SIM card. She calls her father, "Dad why is my phone in Danish when I didn't change it over from English?"

"Your security got it when you were asleep from your ladies maid. It's been encrypted and the SIM change over to a  Danish carrier. Sorry I should have mentioned it to you earlier".

"That's fine I get it you have to make my phone secure. Dad for my birthday I would like a big party I have never had one before".

"I'll get the palace staff to organise it, I'll introduce you to your staff candidates later too. Royalty from around the world needs to be invited and of course your friend in America can come. She's signed the forms and gave up the letters you wrote her to the government officials who went to see her. We have a phone number for her she's been given a secure phone since she's a good friend of yours".

"That was quick I thought it would take days for you to get her to sign or even find her".

"From what I was told she was concern and happy for you".

"She's a good friend dad my best mate".

While Debbie was talking to her father she looks at the Danish newspapers. It seem her father's failed marriage was no longer a secret. "Dad did anyone apart from family know about me?"

"Yes the government and people who legally had to know. You have Danish citizenship by birth. On your birthday you will need to pledge to serve the country and the crown for the rest of your life".

"Why?"

"Every heir has to do it I'm afraid, there's no getting away from that".

"My birthday is in a several weeks, university doesn't start for couple months. I want to see as much of Denmark as I can. I know a lot about the history and other important things about the country, but I have yet to see it properly. I've never been outside England I want to see the world".

"That my girl you will do in fact we already have counties requesting you do a tour there, America being one of them. I'm told a lot of press people have requested to become royal reporters from countries all around the world".

"Why?"

"Because of you my dear you're extremely popular and it's the only way they can come on tour with you. We have to vet them first of course".

"Dad can you show me some of the country today".

"I'm almost finished arranging your grandfather's medical care with his doctor's. Give me about an hour and a half then meet me in the library, Natalie will show you where it is".