Prologue Chapter

3rd Person POV

"Hope's Peak Academy..."

A young man with messy black hair and deep purple eyes says to himself as he stares at the massive academy that he has been scouted out to attend.

"To be able to be given a chance to attend such a prestigious academy is pretty fortunate I guess. It's even more extravagant looking in person. It's supposed to be a place where Hope is cultivated, so perhaps by attending here... I'll get what I was looking for."

"Ah, I shouldn't just be standing here monologuing., I don't want to be late on the first day after all. It would be a bad look." The boy mutters to himself before he takes a single step forward towards the academy... but in what seems like an instance, he's hit with a sudden dizziness... a dizziness so severe, that he can barely think about anything other than the horrible pain he's feeling throughout not just his head, but his whole entire body.

"H-Huh...? What is....?" Is all he can manage to muster out before drowsiness overtakes his mind and he passes out, right in the middle of the main hall...

...

....

......

"Ugh.... W-What the....?" The boy would groan as his eyes slowly opened, and once they adjusted to the light surrounding him, it could be seen that this young man was lying on the floor of what seems like an empty classroom. His clothes were rather wrinkled as and dust was beginning to collect on the edges of his scarf, and the back of his clothes, indicating that he had been passed out for a decent amount of time.

"W-What on earth...? What just happened....?" He would murmur to himself as he stood up from the ground and held his aching head with his left hand

After spending a couple seconds to take a breather and collect himself after such a jarring situation he's found himself in, the first thing the boy immediately takes note of is that the windows have also been barricaded with a very thick metal plating and are tightly sealed shut. There is also a TV monitor mounted on the wall, which isn't that strange to see in a government funded school.

"Did I... pass out...? I must have, right?" The boy would ask himself as he takes a seat on a desk.

He tries to recall the situation and if there was anything off about it. By his head only ached more when he tried to rack his memory.

"Ugh....." The boy groans.

"Why am I in a place like this?" The boy would say to himself as he surveys the surrounding area around him, to try and find any kind of clue about this completely peculiar situation he found himself in.

After just a moment or two of searching, he notices a slip of paper sitting on the desk in front of the blackboard, which has strange doodles on it. They look like a five year old made the art for it.

"The next semester is about to start. Starting today, this school will be your entire world." Is what the note says.

"What on earth is this? The school will be my entire world? I wonder what exactly that means...." The boy says to himself as he looks towards the only door in the room, which he presumes leads to outside the classroom and into the hallway.

"There's nothing left for me here. I have to search elsewhere if I want to know more. But, that could be dangerous. I was most definitely kidnapped, so my captors may be just outside the door waiting for me..." He murmurs to himself whilst cupping his chin with his left hand.

"But how was I even kidnapped? It was in the middle of the day when I passed out if memory serves right, plus I was directly in front of the academy, so there's no way someone would kidnap me when one would consider those two factors alone. It would be impossible not to get caught. But still, I'm clearly in this place against my will, so whoever brought me here must have found a way, whatever it may be." The boy would say as he decided what his next move will be.