Chapter Seventeen

3rd Person POV

*Ding dong*

"Hunh...?" Makoto's eyes fluttered open slowly, looking around the room instinctively as he turned to the side.

*Ding dong*

The sharp sound of the doorbell pierced his sleepy haze further and completely pulled him back to the real world.

Makoto stood up and trudged to his front door. Placing his hand on the knob he turned it and peered into the hallway to see who was there.

"Makoto, get out here." Kyoko had an extremely concerned looking expression on her face as she stepped back so Makoto could walk out the door.

"Kyoko...? What's going on?" Makoto questions her, following her down the hallway.

"Hina just came to see me, and she was white as a ghost. It sounds like something's happened." Kyoko explains the situation to him.

"What...?" As soon as Makoto processed what he was told, his heart started to beat a little faster. He was definitely awake now.

"She said for us to come to the rec room." Kyoko explains as she points up the staircase.

"The rec room...? Okay! Let's hurry!" Makoto nods his head and follows her up.

When they get close to their destination, Makoto sees Aoi standing in front of the door to the rec room with a distressed expression. She quickly notices the two approaching her, and when they're close, she runs up to them.

"Makoto! Kyoko!" Aoi shouts.

"Hina, what's wrong!?" Makoto asks.

"S-Something's not right... In the rec room...!" Aoi pointed towards the door to the room.

"What's inside?" Makoto asks as he peers through the rooms window. There he saw Sakura sitting in a chair, her head bowed as she remained motionless.

"Sakura…?" Makoto mutters with a confused expression.

"What's going on? Did something happen to her?" Kyoko turns towards Aoi.

"I was just walking past, and I happened to notice her through the window... But I couldn't get the door open... I tried knocking, I tried calling her name... But she wouldn't respond…" Aoi explains what happened.

"S-So what should we do? What are we gonna do!?" She asks.

"I can't get the door opened either…" Makoto mutters as he tries forcing it open, but to no avail. "Damnit! It's locked…"

"Hey… what's with all this commotion?" A new voice cuts into the conversation. Makoto turned his head to see F/N appear from behind him.

"F/N! It's Sakura! She's not responding and the door is locked!" Makoto briefs him on the situation, and when F/N peers into the room and sees Sakura, he nods his head.

"She doesn't look conscious to me." F/N observes. "What happened?"

"Before figuring that out, we need to get into the room." Kyoko speaks up.

"But the door's locked, right? And if we break in, we'll be violating school regulations…" Makoto reminds her.

"We're going to force our way in." Kyoko explains

"I just said–!"

"The door isn't locked." Kyoko interrupts Makoto.

"It's not locked because the rec room door doesn't have a lock."

"Huh? Then why...?"

"It feels like the door is pressing against something inside the room." Kyoko mentions. She motions for F/N to look since he's the tallest, and when he peers inside, he sees a chair in front of the door.