Chapter Twelve

3rd Person POV

*Ding dong, bing bong*

"Good morning, everyone! It is now 7 a.m. and nighttime is officially over! Time to rise and shine! Get ready to greet another beee-yutiful day!"

Once Monokuma's morning announcement had concluded, Makoto stirred awake. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and forced himself out of bed.

"That's right... we have to look for Alter Ego today. In that case... I should get to the dining hall fast!" Makoto recalled as his drowsiness begun to fade before rushing out of his room in surprisingly high spirits. When he finally made it to the dining hall, however, what was waiting for him there left him reasonably stupefied.

You see, when Makoto entered the dining hall, the only people that were there this time around are Kyoko, Sakura, Aoi, and F/N.

Sakura glanced over to the door when Makoto arrived, nodding at him as he walked over, but she looked almost as confused as Makoto. "Is this it? What happened to the others?" Sakura asks everyone else present.

"Aren't they coming...?" Aoi wonders

"..." Kyoko said nothing, but she did have a rather concerned expression on her face

"Junko told me she'd be a little late, so we needn't worry about her too much, but... I find it a little worrisome that the others have yet to arrive." F/N tells everybody. However, just a few moments later, the door to the dining hall swung open and Kiyotaka Ishimaru entered the room, looking around at how many people were already present.

"It would seem that I'm a little late, huh? Even if I've been off my game for this long I should still be ashamed of myself..." Ishimaru shook his head as he walked over to everybody

"I was wondering what took you so long, Taka. I had gotten worried when you weren't the first to arrive, but I guess it makes sense considering the circumstances." F/N says as he walks up to Ishimaru and they high five each other.

"I appreciate the concern, but I'm afraid that it shouldn't make sense, bro. There's no excuse for me to be slacking off like this." Ishimaru tells him.

"Taka, you're... back?" Aoi asks him as she takes notice of him acting more like his normal self. That and he stopped glowing.

"Of course. I've only now realized how weak I was being, cowering away and hiding myself from my fears. But thanks to my bro, I overcame that weakness. And so, I'd like to apologise for any trouble I may have caused all of you... I'm very sorry!" Ishimaru tells everyone as he bows his head at the other students.

"It's alright Taka. I'm just glad you're back to normal." Sakura assures him.

"Me too." F/N adds

"And that's why you're my bro!" Ishimaru smiles at F/N as he pats his shoulder.

"That's a little odd." Kyoko speaks up as she stares at the two.

"What is?" F/N asks her

"Since when were you two so chummy?" Kyoko wonders.

"Since like, an hour ago." F/N admits with a shrug of his shoulder.

"You two were with each other before the announcement?" Makoto asks the.

"It was brief, but yes, we did run into each other earlier today." F/N tells him.

"Why were you two out of your dorms so early?" Sakura asks him.

"Well, I was just going for a walk because of- reasons..." F/N explains to her. "And while I was out I ran into Taka. One thing led to another and now... he's back to normal. I was starting to get sick of Kiyondo too..." He sighs.