Chapter Eight

3rd Person POV

The day after the second class trial started exactly how everyone anticipated it to, with most of the students all meeting up in the dining hall just after the morning announcement. However, the atmosphere of the entire room was extremely tense, as expected.

"Today's count kinda sucks, huh? Toko and Byakuya still refuse to show up..." Yasuhiro points out to everyone as he looks around the room. He was right, it was definitely far more scarce then the last time everybody was gathered here, but the main table wasn't as empty as it could've been, as F/N was actually sitting there as well, as opposed to his seat in the far back corner of the room.

"And I haven't seen Miss Asahina anywhere." Hifumi points out, to which everybody else except for a few look around the room and sure enough, he was right.

"She said her stomach was hurting, so she's taking it easy in her room for today." Sakura lets everyone know.

"That is rather unusual for her. Normally she is so full of energy." Celeste points out with a curious tone in her voice

"That's exactly why I'm so worried? I hope there isn't anything seriously wrong with her." Sakura says as she stares at the dining hall's entrance, waiting for Aoi to come through the door as energetic as usual. At least that's what she hoped to happen.

"Was she really that freaked out by Alter Ego last night? Well... I guess I've got no right to talk in that regard." F/N mumbles under his breath as he rubs the drowsiness from his eyes.

"So it's just the nine of us, then?" Kyoko asks

"It looks that way..." Makoto answers her

"It's times like this where the committee chairman needs to get things going with a BANG!" Yasuhiro exclaims as he shoots up from his seat and points at Ishimaru

Unfortunately, Ishimaru didn't respond to, or even acknowledge, yasuhiro's words. He just stared forward at nothing in particular, his face pale and empty. He looked more akin to a corpse that was magically able to sit upright as apposed to a living breathing person.

"Or not...?" Yasuhiro mutters as he gets a good look at the state Ishimaru was in. Everybody, except for probably Celeste, felt awful for him. They wished they could help but most didn't know how.

"...." F/N stares at Ishimaru with a musing gaze, he felt sort of obligated to help Ishimaru put due to maybe guilt. Or maybe he's just intrigued by Ishimaru's plight. Who knows.

"So, I mean...what's gonna happen now?" Hifumi asks everyone. "We haven't found any way out, and we have no idea if help's ever gonna come. Ngh! Now I'm all depressed just thinking about it..." He admits with a downcast expression.

"We simply have to make the best of things- do our best to get along and live here together in peace. Forget about the outside world, and accept this new life. That is the only hope we have now." Celeste advises him

"What...? To live here forever...?" Hifumi questions her, he almost thought she was joking for a second.

"Here we have every convenience. We have food, clothes, our every need is seen to. Why are you dissatisfied? In fact, let me ask you this? What is it about the outside world that you long for?" Celeste asks him.

"Competition, discrimination, victimization and violence... As society grows, so does its perversion. In which case, is our current situation not-"

"Demon Angel☆Pretty Pudgy Princess..." Hifumi mutters under his breath, interrupting Celeste's speech.

"Hmm?" Celeste hums curiously; as to her, what hifumi said was complete gibberish.

"Meggy, the drill shop owner, the bunny-eared Amazon, Catgirl Dogboy, Robo Justice and the Galactic King... And...! And-!"