Chapter Ten

3rd Person POV

Ever since that little conversation he and Kyoko had earlier in the day, F/N's mind couldn't stay focused on anything aside from that. While he figured Kyoko was incredibly intelligent, he may have underestimated her deduction skills. It was almost obnoxious at this point.

Still, so long as she chose to keep quiet, F/N didn't have much to stress over. And he was starting to distract himself by reading through some garbage magazines he found in the rec room. That is until he heard his doorbell ringing.

When he got up and opened the door, F/N saw Mukuro standing on the other side, looking up at him.

"Oh, Mukuro. What brings you over to my lovely abode at this time?" F/N asks her

"I wanted to ask you a question." Mukuro says as she walks inside of his room.

"A question for moi?" F/N asks whilst pointing at himself "Whatever could it be?" He wonders out loud.

"I wanted to know if we could spend time with each other." Mukuro tells him.

"What is with you people and coming to me to ask that all of a sudden?" F/N wonders with a confused expression.

"What do you mean by that? Do you have other plans today?" Mukuro asks him, but F/N just shakes his head.

"No, I've got nothing else to do today. So I'm all yours Mukuro." F/N tells her. "So, what exactly are your plans for our hang out?" He asks as they both walk out of his room.

"Hang out…" Mukuro mutters quietly. She didn't really know what that meant, but she knows that Junko does say it often enough, so she just assumed it was normal, so she didn't wanna ask about it.

"So, where are we gonna go? Got any ideas?" F/N asks Mukuro as the two aimlessly walk around.

"I'm not sure. I didn't plan for that." Mukuro admits.

"You invited me out without having any plans? Do you even have any experience hanging out with friends, or people in general, Mukuro?" F/N questions Mukuro, who sighs at his question.

"No. It's a little bit difficult to "hang out" with people when you're on the clock on a battlefield." Mukuro explains to him while pushing a lock of hair behind her ears. "What's your excuse?" She questions him.

"...I thought you wanted to spend time with me, not hurt my feelings." F/N tells her as he clutches his heart with a pained expression.

"Sorry." Mukuro apologizes to him, though she'd be lying if she didn't find his reaction to be a bit amusing.

"Well, I guess it's fine. You're cute, so I'll forgive you." F/N sighs. "Anyways, why don't we head over to the dining hall and get something to eat?" He suggests, but Mukuro doesn't answer

Mukuro just stares at him in silence for a couple of seconds, making the situation quite awkward

"Er... Mukuro? You alright?" F/N snaps his fingers in front of the soldier's face bringing her back to reality

"Huh? Oh, did I space out?" She asks nonchalantly

"Yeah, you did. What was up with that?" F/N asks her, worry present in his eyes

"That only happened because you said it again..." Mukuro says in a quiet voice as she looks off to the side.

"Hm? Said what again?"

"…"

"Mukuro...?"

"It's nothing, forget it. Anyways, let's go to the dining hall." Mukuro says before walking away.