Chapter Twenty Two

3rd Person POV

"Ahem! Let's begin with a basic explanation of the class trial! So, your votes will determine the results. If you can figure out "whodunnit" then only they will receive punishment. But if you pick the wrong one... Then I'll punish everyone besides the blackened, and the one that deceived everyone else will graduate!" Monokuma explains the class trial rules.

"...Okay, well! I'll leave the rest up to you!" He says

"Well then, let's discuss the specifics of the victim. First, we need to clarify who exactly the unidentified victim is." Byakuya starts the discussion off.

"No need to go through a whole bunch arguing to solve that one." F/N spoke up. "As of now, they have no known name, but the victim of this case is the seventeenth student."

"Is there really a seventeenth student...?" Aoi tilted her head.

"Ah-ha-ha-ha! You sound surprised! But you're absolutely right! Yes, indeed! The trial this time is to solve the murder of the unknown seventeenth student!" Monokuma reveals.

"Since how long ago were there seventeen students?" Kiyotaka wondered.

"Since always of course! From the start of this killing school life, there have been exactly seventeen students in this here facility! No more, no less." Monokuma explains.

"Then... who was she? Who was the seventeenth student? She's been gone this whole time, and when she finally turns up, she gets killed!" Aoi exclaims

"How strange..." Mukuro mutters

"Usually, when there's a s-scene where an important character dies, it has a lot m-more detail..." Toko says.

"So you're saying she wasn't an important character? Which would mean she was the same as us- just another participant." Byakuya explains

"Then who's the real mastermind?" Kiyotaka asks

"It must have been th-the Hope's Peak Academy headmaster, a-after all...!" Toko realizes

"No, the headmaster has nothing to do with it." Kyoko cuts into the conversation.

"She's most likely right." F/N agrees with her.

"How do you two know that? Is there some kind of-"

"Okay, okay! We're in the middle of a trial right now! Figuring out who killed the seventeenth student is first and foremost! Please limit all future prattle, chatter, and chit-chat as much as possible!" Monokuma cuts Byakuya off.

"...Fine. Uncovering the identity of the mastermind will have to wait. But remember this... No matter what happens, we will find out who you really are. I stake my family name on it!" Byakuya declared as he shot an intense gaze towards Monokuma.

"I have officially decided to completely ignore all such attempts at provocation!" Monokuma huffs and turns his head.

"Have you also decided to stop talking as well?" F/N wondered.

"You wish!"

"I really do..."

"Now then, just so nobody's confused, let me state this one more time for the record... The reason we're having a class trial is because a murder among the students has taken place! Hammer that point straight into your big ol' brains!" Monokuma says to the remaining students.

"What you're saying is that both the victim and the culprit are part of the student body?" Kiyotaka asks for clarification

"Then... one of us killed the seventeenth student?" Aoi says