Chapter Twenty Four

3rd Person POV

"So, uh... first things first is... what?" Aoi asks the two boys accompanying her on the investigation.

"For now, we should start with the rooms that were locked up until now." F/N suggests.

"The headmaster's room, the bio lab, and the door in the data center with Monokuma's face on it... Oh, and the 2nd floor of the dorms where the gate was down before... That should be open now, right?" Kiyotaka recalls.

"That's right." F/N nods his head. "After that, it would be best if we double-checked the areas that are connected to the murder. Which means the garden and the dojo."

"Okay! Time to get started!" Aoi says as the three of them start by heading to the second floor dorms.

***

"This is the 2nd floor of the dorms...!?" Aoi exclaims as the three climb up the stairs. The area was completely trashed, and it looked so different from the rest of the academy. The walls and ceiling had holes in them with debris littered about. It was as if a bomb had gone off.

"This place looks like it was used as a battlefield. Is this really still Hope's Peak Academy...?" Kiyotaka mutters.

"Such an eerie place." F/N took note of the dried out blood stains all over.

"Let's just hurry up and investigate. I don't want to be here any longer than necessary." Aoi felt sick just thinking about what happened here.

"Right. Well, let's head over to his private room. The headmaster's I mean." F/N leads the group over to the destination.

After a few minutes of walking, the group makes it over to the headmaster's private room. Once there they push open the door and already inside, is Makoto and Kyoko.

"Oh. F/N, Taka, Hina. You three are investigating together?" Makoto asks

"That's right. But more importantly, what's up with this place?" Aoi asks

"It's the headmaster's private room. I, myself, have been through this room several times already, but I still have one little regret. So I decided to check it out one more time." Kyoko tells them.

"There are a few things to check out here. Let's start with this computer." Ishimaru suggests as he points at a PC on the desk that most likely belonged to the headmaster.

"Whoever used this last, it looks like they were very interested in the Ultimate Despair. The PC still has some search results left on it..." Kyoko tells them

"It was probably the headmaster himself." F/N concludes.

"Then we might be able to get some info on the Ultimate Despair!?" Makoto asks

"There's not much, though. Nothing we don't already know." Kyoko looks over to the laptop.

"The Ultimate Despair isn't one individual, but instead points to some kind of group. That group is responsible for The Tragedy, which happened one year ago. They're the worst sorts of people, whose driving force comes from despair". And that's all there is. Not much to it, is there?" Kyoko says.

"But I guess that's the best he could do as a complete failure..." She spoke in a condescending tone under her breath.

"Well, any information about the mastermind is helpful, right? I appreciate whatever info we can get our hands on." Aoi says

"I see. That's a good outlook to have." Kyoko tells her

"Sorry I I'm interrupting, but there is a suspicious indentation on this wall... It's just like in the other room." F/N pointed out to the others.