Epilogue: Goodbye Despair

3rd Person POV

Junko Enoshima had finally been defeated. The killing game is now over, having ended with the death of the Mastermind.

And the remaining students along with the headmaster have just witnessed all of this happen mere moments ago.

As soon as Junko's life comes to a close, Mukuro Ikusaba collapses to her knees. Even until the very last second, she couldn't peel her eyes away. Even when she absolutely didn't want to see it, she just wanted to see her sister for as long as possible.

"J-Junko…?" Mukuro's entire body trembled as sweat poured down her face. She tried taking a deep breath, only to find herself unable to breathe.

"Junko…!" In that moment, tears poured down Mukuro's face as she realized no matter what, her sister wasn't coming back.

"Junko! I-I'm sorry! I'm sorry for betraying you, I'm sorry for letting you die! P-Please…!"

"Please… don't go…" Mukuro could stop herself, all these emotions rushed to her in an instance and she felt like her body was being torn apart.

"M-Mukuro!" Aoi crouched beside the girl as everyone else came to console her.

"Well, that monster was still your sister…" Byakuya mutters. He felt zero sympathy for Junko, but seeing Mukuro like this was… something he wasn't interested in seeing.

"I'm sorry that it had to end like this…" Kiyotaka mutters.

The only person who hadn't rushed to Mukuro's side was F/N, who picked up the button off the floor that Junko left behind.

He stared at the spot where Junko had died, the blood splattered everywhere, proving Junko was undeniably gone.

"I wonder… if this was the only way things could go." F/N mutters.

"Well, I'll never know now, but… I would have preferred if everyone could have just been normal classmates. Even you..." Without saying another word to Junko's remains, F/N crouched down and picked up the two hair clips of Monokuma's two sides.

After that, he walked back to everyone else and crouched down in front of her Mukuro.

"You know... Junko wanted nothing but despair." F/N begins as he wipes her tears away with his scarf.

"By siding with us, you gave her the despair she was longing for. In a weird way... I'm certain she's grateful. Because from what I can tell… she truly did love you." F/N stood up and held his hand out. Mukuro looked up at him and took his hand.

"Yeah... I'm certain Junko loves you for what you did. Even if she is nuts..." Aoi assures her.

"Y-Yeah…" Mukuro wipes away the last of her tears and sighs. "Maybe if I wasn't always thinking for others and not myself I… could have stopped all this."

"But… it's too late. Junko's gone now…"

"It's alright if you're sad, Mukuro. Because we'll always be here for you. We're classmates after all." Aoi pulled Mukuro into a hug, and after a few seconds, Mukuro hugged her back.

"Thank you, everyone…" Mukuro smiled warmly despite the lingering tears.

"I feel a little bit better, so we can get out of here now."

"She's right. Let's go, everyone." Jin advises the last of his students.

"Ah! I almost forgot." F/N pulls Alter Ego out of his jacket and switches him on.

"Oh! F/N!" Alter Ego looks around, seeing everyone gathered there.

"Did you guys do it? Did you... Win?" Alter Ego asked everyone.