Chapter Twenty One

3rd Person POV

*Ding dong, bing bong*

"Good morning, everyone! It is now 7 a.m. and nighttime is officially over! Time to rise and shine! Get ready to greet another beee-yutiful day!"

"Ugh..." Despite how terrible he felt last night, Makoto managed to get out of bed after hearing the announcement.

"Haa..." With a deep sigh, he stretched his arms.

The chills, the aches, the unfathomable lethargy; his horrible sickness had completely disappeared in the night. All that was left was him, drenched in sweat. The sweat wasn't from whatever bug he caught, however, it was from that strange dream he went through.

"What the hell was that...?" Makoto recalled his dream, if he could really call it that. He had a difficult time trying to properly recall all of it, but slowly, it came back to him.

"So, I came down with a fever, and couldn't quite get to sleep. And then I heard a voice... I didn't really understand much of it... And then..."

"All of a sudden, I was awake with a strange person standing next to my bed, wearing a... mask. And... they were holding a knife."

Makoto was pacing around his room now, the memories of everything flooding back to him.

"I think I tried resisting them... but I couldn't do much because of my sickness. And then it went dark for a moment. Then..."

"Kyoko was there, and the person was gone."

"Why would she be in my room? The more I think about it, the less real everything feels. But... was it all really a dream?" Makoto went around his bed and bolted straight towards his desk where he left the knife. He pulled open his drawer, hoping nothing was amiss.

"It's... gone." No doubt about it now, Makoto knew that whatever transpired last night wasn't a dream. But he still didn't understand it any more than he did before.

"I need to get to the dining hall." Makoto shut his drawer and headed for the door. "I should talk about what happened with them."

Makoto left his room and moved swiftly towards the dining hall, on the way there, he noticed Mukuro was about to enter the room herself. They gave each other a brief greeting and they walked together to the dining hall.

"...I don't want to be rude, but I really wonder if Mukuro knows anything about what happened last night." Makoto thought to himself as he gave the girl a quick side glance. He decided he'd approach her in private later since they were already at the dining hall.

When they entered, the only person there was Aoi. Which was already odd to Makoto. He realized something was going on.

"Ah, Makoto, Mukuro! Yup, that's them alright, sure as the sky's blue!" Aoi says as the two enter the dining hall

"Hey, Hina..." Mukuro waves.

"You guys really had me worried, ya know? What happened to you two last night?" Aoi questions them both.

"Worried...?" Makoto questioned her.

"Yeah, right after nighttime hit, we all went to get you. We were hammering away at your doorbell, but you never answered. We thought maybe you'd been... you know..." Aoi trails off for a moment.

"I mean, not that that'd actually happen! I mean, nobody here would wanna- you know! So anyway... what were you guys doing?" Aoi asks

"I didn't feel good, so I went right to bed. I had no idea you guys even showed up..." Makoto claimed