Chapter Fifteen

3rd Person POV

"G...gh... Oww..." Makoto groaned in pain. His vision was somewhat blurry and for a moment he didn't even remember where he was.

"Ugh, focus..." Makoto tells himself as he tries to recall what happened. "Apparently, something hit me, and I lost consciousness. That's all I understood. This dull, throbbing pain in my head proved that much at least." Makoto picked himself off the ground and scanned the room he was in, eventually noticing an empty bookshelf.

"An empty bookshelf... Huh? Empty...?" It took a moment for things to click in his head, but once he realized what happened, panic set in.

"Gone... It's all gone!" Makoto shouted as he ran to the book case and looked around.

"The yearbooks... the student registry... and... even the note that had fallen on the floor. It's all... gone? What does this mean...?" Makoto's head was still stinging in pain, and that pain began spreading across the rest of his body. Despite the pain, he felt something in his pocket. It was kind of uncomfortable, so he reached inside to see what it was, and to his surprise, the note that he thought had gone missing along with everything else in the room was there, crushed into a paper ball, but still there. It was readable still, so at least there was that.

"... I-I don't get it. Why did whoever did this leave the..." As Makoto was wondering what was going on, he recalled what he saw before passing out. A strange person and what looked like...

"Ugh... I just don't understand. F-For now... I should go back to my room... Get some rest... and think about it then." Makoto told himself. His body was heavy with pain, and his mind heavy with thought, but he still made his way back to the dorms. Somehow he managed to make it all the way to the 1st floor of the school.

He felt like he might collapse once again in the middle of the hallway, but something caught enough of his attention to keep him awake for a few moments longer.

"Hm...?" A faint sound that seem to come from a vast distance caused Makoto to perk his head up in curiosity. It was an odd sound, as if something metal was being hit with immense force

"That sound... It's coming from... the gym...?" Makoto realizes. Something about this gave him a bit of a bad feeling, and that feeling forced Makoto to take a quick detour to see what was going on.

When Makoto reached the gym, he began to walk up to the door as quietly as possible, not wanting to make his presence known to anyone that may be inside. He made sure that when he opened the door to the gym, not a single sound was made... The sounds coming from inside, meanwhile, only intensified that much more.

When he looked inside the gymnasium, before him there raged a battle beyond anything humanly possible.

"Monokuma and... Sakura!" Makoto didn't understand what was going on one bit. Sakura and Monokuma were going at it with one another. Makoto hasn't seen that many fights in his life, but no matter how many he could have seen, he knows that there wasn't much that could top the intensity of this one.

And despite the fact he was unsure of what caused this fight, Makoto began cheering on Sakura in his mind.

Not too long after Makoto began watching them, the two backed off from each other and began speaking, but what was said left Makoto with more questions than answers.

"Why you...! What do you think you're doing?" Monokuma angrily questions Sakura

"..."

"I asked you a question! What's the meaning of this? How dare you defy me...? This wasn't part of the deal!"

"The deal...?" Makoto whispers.

"I've made a decision... I will no longer retreat, no longer compromise, no longer regret... I've made my decision! I'm going... to resist you!" Sakura tells him with a determined expression on her face.