Chapter Sixteen

3rd Person POV

"Guess he got away again. How is he so fast...?" A young boy says to his two friends as they walk down the path that leads back home.

"Maybe you're just slow." Another boy says, shoving his friend in the arm to try and set him off.

"Shut up! Your mom's slow." The kid shoves him back. "Plus, he outran all of us, so you're just as bad!" He reminds the snarky boy.

"Well, we got him pretty good before he ran, so who cares?" A third boy, who's the tallest, adds.

"Yeah. We'll just see him tomorrow anyway. Unless it's a snow day like the teacher said." The first boy says

"I hope it is. I just got that new game. Now we all have it, right?" The snarky boy asks, his voice ostensibly fading into the distance as if he and the other two boys headed home.

And once they all seemed to be gone, there was someone else in the area as well who came out of a hiding spot he found behind a tree. This person looked around to see if they were really gone, and since he couldn't see anyone, he walked out to the middle of the sidewalk, where he stared down at the cuts on his hands and arms that looked to be made from a blade of sorts.

Since he was so distracted by his wounds, the boy didn't realize three people had approached him until one of them wrapped their arms around his shoulder, almost making him jump out of his skin.

"Hey there... F/N! I can't believe we almost missed each other, huh?" The snarky boy from before says with his other two friends right beside him.

"What do you want?" A young F/N asks all three of them as he tries to push this guy away from him.

"I was just wondering what you were doing sneaking around here." The boy that had his arm around F/N says, pulling him closer so he doesn't run away. "You aren't stalking us again like a weirdo, right?" His voice got a bit deeper as his free hand clenched into a fist.

"I-I… I wasn't stalking you! Stop telling people that already!" F/N claims as he pushes the boy away from him. "Just leave me alone!"

The moment he was pushed by F/N, the boy fell to the ground and everyone went silent as they stared at him. He pushed himself off the ground and all three of the kids glared at F/N and took a step towards.

"Uh- Hey, I didn't mean to do that." F/N claims as he takes a step back. The three kids step closer and one of them grabs F/N's sleeve, yanking him towards the ground and getting him to scrape his elbow enough that blood begins to pour from the injured section of his arm.

"If you didn't mean to, you wouldn't have done it!" One of the kids says as he grabs F/N by the collar. F/N tried to smack his hand away, but the boy's grip was too strong for him.

"S-Stop it! If… if I give you my money, will you leave me alone already?" F/N asks as he reaches into his pocket, but before he could, one of the kids yanks F/N up by his shoulder so he could punch him in the face, knocking him right back to the ground and causing his nose to bleed.

F/N holds both hands over his nose as he winces in pain from the punch. He did his very best not to cry in front of them, lest he got made fun of for it.

"How much money do you even have? If it's enough, we'll let you off the hook for today, rich boy." One of the kids assures him as he steps forward and holds his hand out waiting for F/N to give him everything he had. F/N was going to just fork it over, but everyone quickly became distracted by some girl yelling at them from afar.

"What the hell are you stupid brats doing?!" When the three boys who were practically mugging F/N turned around, they saw some girl with black hair and a purple scarf running towards them. She looked to be a couple years older from what they could tell.