Chapter One

3rd Person POV

"Kinda boring round here. Haven't even found any info." F/N sighs to himself as he walks through the halls of Hope's Peak Academy, still on his own.

"It doesn't seem that I've found anything worth my time..." He mutters just as he comes across a staircase which happens to be blocked by a metal gate.

"Hm. I knew that Hope's Peak had multiple floors, but I can't recall how many exactly. Though, I'm curious as to why the staircase is blocked." F/N says as he gazes at the gate curiously. He then notices an envelope sitting on the floor in front of the gate.

"Hm? What's this?" F/N asks himself as he picks up the envelope and tears it open to find a note inside.

"Within this school one shall never find a death without meaning. An eye for an eye as they say. Five trials for five floors, if you all make it of course." Is all the note says.

"Five floors... and five trials. What kind of a trial is needed though?" F/N asks himself and he shoves the note into his pocket.

"Perhaps the trials are related to the graduation requirements..." Kyoko theorizes from beside F/N.

"What the-?" F/N exclaims as he jumps back in surprise from the girl's sudden appearance. "Where the heck did you come from, Kyoko?" He asks the girl, who merely turns around.

"That's not relevant. More importantly, what are you going to do about that note? Would telling everyone be a good idea?" Kyoko inquires.

"Hm.... I don't believe so. If anyone else finds this, they might end up trying to kill, given this is indeed related to graduation. Of course, it's plausible that this is something completely different, but that would be a bit too much of a risk to take." F/N explains his reasoning to Kyoko.

"That is a smart way to look at things…" Kyoko mutters.

"Then I presume you want to avoid a murder?" She asks.

"For now, I see no benefit in allowing something like that to happen. As far as I know, nobody here deserves to die..." F/N tells her. Kyoko hums as she thinks about what he said.

"So unless someone deserves it, he wants no murders to occur. Well, admitting that he may consider standing by as a murder happens at least means he's honest, if nothing else." Kyoko thought.

"Oh, with that said, I'll just keep this a secret and decide what to do when I figure out what it means. There's no benefit it telling everyone about it yet." F/N speaks up. "More importantly, since you know about this note, are you going to do something less than good with the info…?" F/N questions her.

"If I was, I obviously wouldn't say. But if it makes you feel better, I have no interest in killing anyone, so don't worry." Kyoko would assure him as she turned and began to walk away.

"Wait, Kyoko... There's something I want to ask you." F/N stops her.

"What is it?" Kyoko turns back to face him.

"Have you and I met before?" F/N asks.

"I don't remember something like that happening." Kyoko tells him with a curious expression.

"I don't remember meeting you either, but your name seems familiar somehow..." F/N mutters.

"..."

"Well, whatever... If you don't know, and I don't know, just forget about it. I'm probably just mistaking you for someone else..." He concludes.

"Well, if you say so." Kyoko says. "Is that all?"

"Well, one more thing, Kyoko." F/N says.

"Hm?"