Chapter Nineteen

3rd Person POV

A voice...

Even through his deep slumber, Makoto could hear a voice...

"...wa…"

"...ke...up…"

"...ugh." Makoto shifted in his bed.

"...wake up…"

"...Huh?"

The voice dragged Makoto from deep slumber into hazy half-consciousness. His eyelids felt heavy, but he still managed to open them. And when he did...

"Kyoko...?" Makoto saw the lavender haired girl standing over him.

"Yes, it's me." Kyoko answers him

"Huh...? Kyoko?" Makoto was still half asleep as he tried to sit up.

"I said yes…"

"So Kyoko's here... Wait, what!?" Makoto quickly shot out of bed as he realized what he was looking at. He actually fell off the bed, but he swiftly got up.

"Wh-What are you doing here!?" Makoto questions the girl.

"I'm here to wake you up." Kyoko gave such a simple answer, as if nothing about this was off.

"Oh, I see…" Makoto mutters just before realizing something important. "Wait, but my door–!"

"It was unlocked. You're unbelievably careless." Kyoko scolds him.

"It was unlocked!? Are you serious!?" Makoto exclaims. He could've sworn he had locked it last night.

"Always. And you don't have to overreact like that every time you're surprised." Kyoko reminds him.

"Wh-What time is it...?" Makoto asks.

"3 o'clock. In the morning, of course." Kyoko says. "Hope you rested well."

"It's 3 a.m.!? Why was Kyoko waking me up at this hour…?" Makoto asks himself.

"I-It's so late... What happened...?" He questions the girl.

"I have a favor I need to ask…" Kyoko explains.

"What's your favor...?"

"Remember what Sakura said at the end of her note? "I'm not going to just lay down and die. I will fight you…" I want to find out what she meant by that." Kyoko tells him

"Okay, but… how do you plan to do that?" Makoto asks.

Just as he was wondering this, Kyoko put her lips next to his ear and whispered...

"The data center on the 4th floor."

"...What?" Makoto gave her a confused glance.

"There's something I need to confirm, I'll meet you there." Kyoko left right after this, not even giving Makoto a chance to ask any further questions.

"What the…?" Makoto mutters as he stares at his open door.

"The data room on the 4th floor? I thought it was locked…"

Makoto knew standing around here wouldn't give him any of the answers he needed. So he walked out of his room and headed up the stairs.

When he finally made it to his destination, he didn't see anybody else around.

"Kyoko's… not here. That's weird. She said she'd meet me. Is she maybe inside already...?" Makoto wondered as he went up to the door and put his hand to the door, and with a certain amount of force...

*Rattle rattle*

It didn't open. He tried again, but...

*Rattle rattle*