Chapter 25: Hope's Peak

3rd Person POV

"This... is the final trial site?" Makoto asks as everyone steps out of the elevator and looks around the room.

"Whaddya think? Isn't it just the perfect background for deciding a person's fate!? It's the long-awaited last stage! The always-exciting final boss battle!" Monokuma exclaims.

"I guess it has that final stage feeling." F/N mutters as he walks over to his stand, with everyone else following his lead.

"Puhuhu... And I'm gonna sit in on this one! I'll just sit right here in the vacant seventeenth seat!" Monokuma takes his place at the seat in-between Aoi and F/N. "Now then! Let's...begi-"

"Hey, wait… is this everyone?" F/N interrupted him.

"Huh? What are you talking about?" Monokuma asks.

"Well... this is the final class trial, right? So, shouldn't everyone in the school be here in person?" F/N asks.

"Everyone....? OH! You're talking about him aren't you? I was actually planning for him to join us later on, but since you asked so kindly, I guess I'll bring him in earlier than scheduled." Monokuma sighs before going silent.

"Are you referring to the old headmaster of Hope's Peak?" Byakuya questioned them.

"Well... I'll allow him to introduce himself..." As Monokuma says this, the elevator that brought the remaining students down to the final trial sight dings and none other than Jin Kirigiri walks out of it. He looked a little better than before, as his clothes were brand new and he had a clean shave.

As soon as he entered the room, Kyoko furrowed her brow, but she avoided saying a word.

"Everyone, I'd like to introduce you to the one, the only, the former headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy, Mister Jin Kirigiri!" Monokuma exclaims.

"Hey.... Didn't you say that you would let him introduce himself." F/N says to Monokuma.

"Oh.... My bad. Anyways, since there aren't any seats left over, Jin can just sit at one of the dead students seats. Now then, let's BEGIIIIIIIIIII-!!"

"Wait! What is going on?" Kyoko asks.

"Uh... Final class trial. I'll kill you all if you can't find all the secrets of the school. Remember?" Monokuma asks her

"No... how is he here? No matter where we searched in the school, we absolutely couldn't find him." Kyoko mentioned.

"Yeah, we never even got a hint to his whereabouts." Kiyotaka chimes in.

"Well… are you sure you checked every last nook and cranny?" Monokuma asked.

"Huh?"

"Like for example… did any of you bother checking that secret room in the headmaster's office?" Monokuma giggled.

"There was a secret room in there too?" Aoi asked.

"That's right! Of course, it was kept extra well hidden, so there was no way any of you could find it." As he said this, Monokuma slowly turned to F/N, but he didn't say anything.

"Oh, and I almost forgot this, but... For fairness sake, Jin is not allowed to tell you anything important or useful, nor is he allowed to give you any kind of answers. He is, however, allowed to drop subtle hints. But don't make them too obvious. Or I'll skewer ya!" Monokuma showed his claws to Jin.

"...Understood." Jin nodded his head and walked up to Makoto, asking if it was alright to take the stand next to him. Makoto told him it was fine.

"..." Kyoko was completely silent at this point. She paid no mind to Jin when he glanced over to her.