Chapter Nine

3rd Person POV

*Ding Dong Bing Bong*

"Good morning, everyone! It is now 7 a.m. and nighttime is officially over! Time to rise and shine! Get ready to greet another beee-yutiful day!"

"Ah... it's morning..." Makoto grumbles as he sits up on his bed. "I... definitely didn't get enough sleep last night." He sighs. After everything that happened yesterday, his mind was racing, constantly going back to the thought of F/N and what he had revealed to everyone.

"Well then... I guess I should head to the dining hall." Makoto tells himself just so he has a reason to stop thinking about that.

When he leaves his room, Makoto notices the other students also exiting their rooms, one of which being Sakura, unsurprisingly.

"Good morning, Sakura." Makoto greets her with a smile

"Good morning, Makoto. Did you just wake up?" Sakura asks him

"Yeah..." Makoto admits.

"Waking up for our breakfast meeting is fine, of course. But getting up a little early is better... You can exercise in your room till nighttime ends. A big meal after working up a sweat is... divine." Sakura advises Makoto with a sigh. And while Makoto thought that he'd probably never do that, he still nodded, and with that they both kinda went separate ways, which is how Makoto ended up running into Aoi.

"Hey! Mornin', Makoto!" Aoi greets Makoto

"Good morning. You're... kinda sweaty. Have you been exercising?" Makoto asks her.

"Yup! Me and Sakura were doing our morning workout! Oh, but I didn't break our nighttime promise! I just ran around my room till it ended... Why don't you come with us next time?" Aoi offers to Makoto as she runs her arm, seeming a bit uneasy.

"I don't think I could keep up with you and Sakura..." Makoto admits.

"Ahh, seriously? Okay, then we can do something in the rec room! I'm not good at much, but I do know how to play Othello!" Aoi tells him.

"W-Well... I'm not very good at that either, though. I don't like to think when I'm playing, so..." Aoi trails off as she chuckles. Though Makoto did manage to notice something a little off about her.

"Hina, are you doing alright? You seem kind of uneasy." Makoto points out, which causes Aoi to frown for a moment.

"I'm pretty sure it's not possible for you of all people to get winded by exercising, so... is it because of what happened last night?" Makoto inquires, and Aoi's heavy sigh only confirms his suspicions.

"I just... I really don't understand what exactly happened last night." Aoi admits, and when she notices Makoto's confused look, she tries elaborating. "I mean, I know what happened. I didn't forget or something like that, okay? It's just.... I don't understand. Whatever F/N said just didn't even make sense to me. It's like he was speaking a different language entirely. I really don't get why..." Aoi tells Makoto.

"Maybe... it wasn't meant to make sense." Makoto surmises.

"Huh?" Aoi exclaims.

"I mean, F/N did tell Byakuya that he thought things that didn't make sense were more fun, or something like that. And... this wouldn't be the first time he's said something that doesn't make sense." Makoto tries to explain his thinking to Aoi. "So... maybe it didn't mean anything and he was just saying things just to mess with our heads." He adds.

"..." Aoi was silent for a moment, she didn't really know how to respond to that. Makoto thought he sounded kinda stupid in hindsight, and after he said it with a little bit of confidence too.