A Small Gift

Qrow's POV

Clover and I had been dating for almost a year now. Time passed by so quickly. We were still struggling in the war against Salem, but Clover made sure that there were still happy parts in our life. He made sure that neither of us were too dedicated to work and we went on dates regularly, enjoying each other's company. The scariest part was constantly worrying about the other while they were away on a dangerous huntsman mission. And I was almost always worried about my semblance hurting Clover or ruining our relationship, but Clover refused to let me voice those concerns. 

Tonight was date night, and it was Clover's turn to plan it. Usually, he planned big, extravagant dates, whereas I planned smaller, calmer dates. I was excited for tonight, because Clover told me it would be the greatest date he had ever planned.

I was getting ready for the date, fixing my hair, when I hear a knock at my door. "Come in." I call and Clover entered. He was extra fancy, wearing a matching white suit and even white shoes. He came over and quickly kissed me on the lips. 

"Hello handsome. You ready?" He asked. I finished fixing my hair and reached for my tie.

"Just about. You were the one who said that we had to dress up extra fancy, so you just have to wait." Clover gave a small sigh and went and sat on my bed while he waited. I finished with my tie and left the bathroom.

"You look amazing." Clover said. I was wearing basically what I wore to our first date. A black button down, black slacks and black dress shoes. Only this time, I also was wearing a red tie. 

We held hands and walked out the door. Walking was our preferred mode of transportation when together, since we could enjoy the cool evening air and it took longer. He led me through a park to a gazebo. I was surprised, since this didn't really scream big and exciting date, but I had learned not to assume anything when it came to Clover. 

The gazebo was covered with little fairy lights, and there was a table in the middle, with some amazing looking food on it. "I made it all myself." Clover told me. I couldn't believe it, how had he found the time to do it?

We sat down and ate. Joking and talking like we usually did on our dinner dates. Finally, we finished our meal and Clover stood up. "I have a small gift for you Qrow. Just watch."  

He turned around and messed with his scroll for a few seconds, then some music started playing. Then, he started to sing to it. The song was "Can't Help Falling In Love" and he sang beautifully. I couldn't stop staring at him, full of adoration for this man as he sang. 

"But I can't help falling in love with you..." Clover finished the song, and then, to my surprise, got down on one knee. "Qrow Branwen, would you consider, just maybe, marrying me?" He asked.

I sat there shocked. I never expected this. "I thought you said it was a small gift." I said.

"It is." Clover pulled out the ring. "The ring is small." I laughed at this.

"Yes, yes I will marry you." I said, happier than I had ever been in my life. Clover got to his feet, grabbing my hand and pulling me up from my seat. Then he kissed me. It was the most romantic kiss I had ever had in my life, full of passion and adoration. Finally, we broke away from each other and Clover put the ring on my finger. 

The ring was black, but on it was a single, green four-leaf clover. I smiled at it and turned to Clover. "I love you Clover Ebi." I said. 

"I love you Qrow Branwen." He said back.

------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: So I know ya'll asked for a wedding one, but I decided to do this one first since the two are kinda tied together. I just thought this moment was so cute, and so romantic. The song above is my favorite version of the song Clover sang to Qrow. It's really amazing.

Just a reminder that I need more songs for my Fairgame playlist. We only have 6, and that is definitely not enough. Any song you think fits the themes of Qrow, Clover, Fairgame, or Clover's death, please tell me! I will share it once we hit 20 songs.

Also, on a non-RWBY related note, I am doing a writing challenge. If you go to my tumblr, you can send me an ask with a character (whether it's a fictional character from a fandom, an OC, or yourself, it's up to you) and maybe a situation, I will write a short story about them! This is so that I can continue to develop my writing skills and can create content you guys helped make! If I get enough, I will make a wattpad book containing them all.

Don't forget to comment, vote, and share! And don't forget to tell me any prompts and suggestions for Qrow and Clover! I love hearing from you guys!