Scars to Your Beautiful

A/N: Title inspired by Alessia Cara song.

--------------------------------------------------

Clover's POV

Qrow and I had only been dating for a short time, but I had never been more in love with anyone ever. Qrow was just so amazing, kind, loyal, and thoughtful. 

I cherished every moment I had with Qrow.

~

"Babe! I'm home!" I called, tired after a long day of working. I just wanted to cuddle with my boyfriend.

Qrow was sitting on the couch, wearing a tee shirt and soft shorts, playing video games. He got up to give me a quick kiss. I wrapped an arm around his waist and pulled him closer to give him a better kiss. He placed his hands on my face, holding it as he kissed me again, this time with more passion. 

"I'm glad you're back," he said between kisses. 

"i'm glad I'm back too. I missed you." 

"You were only gone for a few hours." 

"It felt like an eternity." 

I kissed him again, holding him as close to me as possible. I felt his arms wrap around my neck. I let go of his waist and grabbed his legs, pulling them around me, so that I was holding him. 

I continued to kiss my adorable boyfriend, holding him there in the doorway. I closed the door with a small kick and carefully walked into the bedroom. I gently set Qrow on the bed and then straddled him. I kissed him, then began to kiss his neck. I pulled off his shirt, and began kissing his chest.

"Clover, stop." 

"But baby," I stopped when I noticed a nasty scar that reached across half of his torso. Qrow pulled his shirt back on, covering it.

"What was that?"

Qrow pulled himself up and walked back to the couch, ignoring my question.

"Qrow, you can't just ignore me." I followed him and sat down next to him, resting my hand on his thigh. He jerked his leg away.

"It's nothing. Just part of being a huntsmen." 

"Then why are you acting like this? Is it something I did?"

"No, it's not you, I promise. I just want to play my video games."

"Can we talk, can you at least do that? Then I will leave you alone to play your video games, I promise." 

Qrow sighed and pulled up his shirt to show me the scar. I cringed a little. Yeah, as a huntsman, I knew scars were part of the job, but I had never seen one that bad.

"When Ruby was traveling with her friends, on their way here, I followed from a distance to keep them out of trouble. I couldn't let my niece's recklessness get her hurt, but I couldn't travel with them because of my semblance.

"When they found this abandoned village, they were ambushed. It was Tyrian, he had come for Ruby. Salem wanted her, I don't exactly know why but I know it has to do with her silver eyes. Tyrian was about to hurt her when I was finally able to get there.

"I fought him, trying to tell Ruby to stay out of the way. But she didn't listen. This beam, from an old building, almost fell on her because of my semblance. Luckily, I was able to save her, but I was distracted and Tyrian stung me with his scorpion tail. Right here." 

He pulled his shirt down.

"Why are you ashamed of it? You saved Ruby." 

Qrow looked at the ground. "I don't know. I guess it just reminds me of how unlucky I am. How I can never be the person Ruby needs, how I've failed as a huntsman. And then, it's just so ugly. I guess I was afraid of what you would think of it." 

"Qrow, this scar does not mean you are a terrible huntsman. Most huntsmen would probably had died of a wound like that. It's proves that you are a fighter. That you are dedicated to your niece, you took a hit for her. You are the greatest huntsman ever, for that.

"And why would I think it's ugly? It's a testimony, a story. A piece of who you are and what you stand for. Every time I see it, I'll think about how I have the most amazing huntsmen for a boyfriend. I'll be proud of you. I am proud of you." 

I heard a sniffle and noticed a few tears make their way down Qrow's cheek. I reached up and wiped them away.

"I think it makes you even more beautiful. Which is incredibly hard to do." 

Qrow let out a small laugh. "Why are you so cheesy?" 

"What can I say? Being in love brings out the cheesiness in me."

"Feel better?" I asked as Qrow laughed again.

He took my hand and held it in his. "Yes, thank you." 

"Anything and anytime. Now, where were we?" I kissed him again. "I love you."

"I love you too." He answered, kissing me back.

"You are beautiful, scars and all."

--------------------------------------------

A/N: Thanks to AlphaWolf0215 for the amazing story prompt! When I read your prompt, I got little butterflies in my stomach and I had to start writing immediately! I absolutely love it!

Thank you all for the prompts and votes and comments! I love hearing from you and getting feedback! And I would love it if you continued to send in more prompts!