Taiyang's Visit

Clover's POV

A middle aged blond man walked into the training room, where the Ace Ops and I were training with Team RWBY. He looks familiar, but I couldn't remember him. 

"Um excuse me. This room is only for huntsmen and huntresses. Please leave sir." I told him from across the room.

"Oh, don't worry, I'm a huntsman. Plus, I'm here to see some people." Team RWBY, hearing the voice turned around. Ruby literally squealed in excitement and launched herself on the man. Yang followed only a few seconds behind her younger sister and together, they hugged the man. 

"Dad! What are you doing here?" Ruby asked him, hanging off of his arm.

"Can't your old man come and check up on you? I've been worrying ever since you two left me and I couldn't take it anymore. After I heard that you guys had made it safely, to Atlas, I had to visit." She hugged each of the girls individually, and then turned to everyone in the room. 

"Hello. I'm Taiyang Xiao Long, but you guys can just call me Tai. I'm Yang and Ruby's dad." He said, shaking hands with everybody. Blake and Weiss introduced themselves last, and Taiyang hugged both of them. 

Qrow walked into the room, "Hey sorry I'm late. Hope I didn't-" He stopped talking when he spotted Tai. "What are you doing here?" 

"I came to see my family. I could ask you what you are doing here." Tai scowled. Ruby looked back and forth between her uncle and her father, clearly worried. 

"I made sure that your children made it here safely, and now I'm working to fight the crazy lady trying to destroy the world." Qrow walked past him and walked over to where everyone else was standing. "Ready to train?" he asked us.

"Actually," a new voice said. Ironwood had entered the room. "Everyone can have the day off today. That way, you can catch up with family." Qrow went to object, but Ironwood cut him off. 

"It's the least I can do for you and your family Qrow. You've done a lot recently. I know we are fighting a war, but Tai is your family."

"Technically, he isn't anymore." Qrow muttered under his breath. I seemed to be the only person who heard them. 

 "Thank you General!" Ruby said, saluting Ironwood. She turned to her father, "Let's go get lunch in Atlas! They have some amazing food." 

Yang walked over to Qrow and took his hand. "You don't have to come if you don't want to. But Ruby would definitely prefer it if you did. I can come up with a good excuse if you can't force yourself to do it." 

"No, I'll go. But Clover comes with me." He ruffled her hair. "I'm still you and Ruby's family. I should be there for her, for both of you." She smiled. 

"Meet you there!" She said, running off after her sister and her father.

"I hope you don't mind, but it looks like we have lunch plans today," Qrow said, taking my hand. 

"I don't mind. I just want to know one thing, and you do not have to answer it. Why do you not get along with Tai? You two are basically family." 

"Well, Tai married my sister, Raven. But when Raven had Yang, she left him and rejoined the bandit tribe. After that, he never seemed the same around me, I think I reminded him of her. And then he married Summer, who was like a younger sister to me. And together, they had Ruby. Summer raised both Yang and Ruby, she was the best mom ever. And then, one day, she went on a mission, supposedly one of Ozpin's secrets, though it was hard to tell those days. And she never came back. I searched for her, but couldn't find her. Tai basically begged me to get information from Ozpin, since I was close to him. But Ozpin seemed just as in the dark as we did, so I refused. I trusted Oz to tell me if there was something important concerning my family. And then, there was my drinking problem, he hated that. And how much Ruby looked up to me, even though I wasn't around that much. It was just a lot of hurt and anger that drove us apart."