Family Reunion

Clover's POV

I woke up late, and walked into the kitchen, where my boyfriend was making breakfast. Bacon sizzled in a pan. I walked over silently and wrapped my arms around his waist, kissing his cheek.

"Good morning sleeping beauty," he greeted me. I smiled. 

I sat at the table and Qrow placed a plate of pancakes, bacon, and eggs in front of me. Recently, he had been taking lessons from his niece, Ruby, so that he can be a better cook. He was a natural and made some really good dinners for the two of us. 

As we sat down to eat breakfast, something smacked into the window. We looked over and saw a bird, a raven, peaking the window. 

"What is she doing here?" Qrow mumbled, and went to open the window. The raven flew in and immediately transformed into Qrow's twin sister. She looked panicked, a look I never thought I would see on her face. 

I stood up, standing in between Qrow and Raven, just in case. But she ignored me.

"Qrow, they came. They're at the camp." 

I looked over my shoulder at my boyfriend. His face had turned a pale shade of white.

"You're lying."

"No, they actually came."

"What's going on? Who came?" I asked, confused and worried. 

"We need to go, right now." Qrow grabbed his scythe, Harbinger, and headed out the door. 

We got to the camp, and the air seemed to be full of tension. Qrow hadn't spoken a word on the trip, so I was still incredibly confused. 

We walked into the middle of the camp and a bandit ran up to talk to Raven.

"They are in my tent," she said, turning to Qrow and me. Qrow nodded and stalked into the biggest tent. 

There sat two adults, probably in their sixties. The woman, who was holding hands with the man, stood up. 

"Are you two the children?" She asked. "Are you two the twins?" 

Qrow and Raven stepped forward. "We are," Raven said. 

The woman pulled them both into a hug. Both Raven and Qrow turned stiff. The man just watched, drinking out of a bottle of whiskey. 

The lady pulled away, but kept a hand on each of their shoulders, stepping back to examine them. 

"I'm your mom. This is your dad. We are so glad that we finally get to meet you." 

So this is what Qrow dragged me out here for, to meet his parents. I knew that Qrow and Raven had been left for dead when they were children. If it weren't for the bandits, neither one of them would be here. And even then, Qrow's childhood was terrible. The bandits abused him because of his semblance, while Raven was adored and trained to become the new tribe leader. Qrow hated talking about his childhood, and the people who had caused him the most pain were standing right in front of him. 

"What's your names?" The man asked, standing up. He took another swig of his whiskey. Qrow's face paled even more when he saw the man drinking, something Qrow had recently given up. 

"I'm Raven, and this is my younger twin brother, Qrow." 

"Well Raven, Qrow, we should sit down and have some tea, try to catch up," the lady, their mother said. 

Both of the twins looked hesitant, but Raven agreed and gave Qrow a look telling him to go along with it. I sat down as well, staying out of their way. I would stick by Qrow's side as emotional support.