A Big Question

Qrow's POV

"Did you get it?" I asked my young niece, Ruby. She had run out to the store to pick up something I had bought. I couldn't go out to get it because my boyfriend, Clover had to day off and I was spending it with him. 

"Yup." She pulled a little box out of the bag she carried and handed it to me. I opened it and inside sat the most beautiful engagement ring ever. Silver, with little diamonds creating a band in the middle. It was more expensive than I would have liked, but I knew that this had to be the one. 

I was planning on proposing to him, tonight. We were hosting a big dinner party with a bunch of friends and family and I was going to do it at the party. I usually didn't like big events, but I knew Clover would love this. I had combined all of Clover's favorite things for tonight: food, friends, family, and dramatic declarations of love.

He had no idea that tonight was special, but everybody who was invited had helped me plan this out. Clover's parents, Joanna and Trevor, had helped me with all the food, Tai had found me a good suit, and my nieces had helped me pick out the ring. 

"Babe? Where'd you go?" Clover called from the other room. I handed Ruby the ring box and asked her to keep it safe for now. Then I headed into the other room to help Clover get ready for the party.

People started arriving, bringing food and drinks. Robyn and her girlfriend, Fiona were the first to arrive. Robyn pulled me aside to wish me luck. 

Finally, everyone was here, and the party started. We all sat on couches and joked around. Clover pulled me on his lap and wrapped his arms around my waist, holding me close to him.

After everyone had eaten, before we brought out the desert, I turned to Ruby. 

"Hey kiddo, wanna help me in the other room?" She jumped out of her seat and nodded. I gave Clover a quick kiss before untangling myself from him and following her out of the room. 

Once we were out of Clover's sight, she handed me the ring box. Then she gave me the biggest hug ever. "I'm so proud of you Uncle Qrow."

"Why?" I asked, hugging her back.

"Look at how much you've grown. A year ago, you were about to die, and you didn't care. You were drunk all the time and refused to get close to anyone. Now, you are sober, happy, and about to ask the love of your life to marry you. What's not to be proud of?" Hearing these words made me want to cry. She was right, I had grown. 

We broke apart as Joanna, Clover's mom, walked into the room. She had to duck slightly to get through the door she was so tall. She wrapped me in a hug, almost cracking me in half. 

"I'm so glad my son met you kiddo. You're just so amazing."

"Relax," I said as she stepped away. "I haven't purposed yet. The hardest part is yet to come." 

"I know that, but how could he say no to you? You're adorable!" I blushed.

"You know what, if he says no to you, I'm disowning him and adopting you."

Trevor, Clover's dad and Joanna's husband, walked in the room. "Hun, you can't do that. And we don't have to worry." He turned to me. "You got this son." 

I nodded and they went back into other room while I straightened my tie. Finally, I walked back into the living room. 

Clover sat on the couch where I left him, laughing at some joke Nora had made. I headed over that way, everyone gathering around. Ruby was practically bouncing off the wall in excitement. 

As I got closer to Clover, I began talking. 

"Clover Ebi," I began. He turned to me, his green eyes meeting mine. For a moment, I was at a loss for words.

"Clover Ebi," I began again. "I love you. I love you so much. You have made a huge difference in my life and I am so thankful, so lucky to have you." Now I was standing in front of him,

"I love the way you laugh. I love the jokes you tell. I love how you treat my family like it's your family. I love the way you take your job so seriously. I love how you are so confident. I love your smile. I love your eyes. I love it when you hug me. I love it when you kiss me. I love you so much. More than I can say." 

I got down on one knee. Clover's eyes widened, a goofy smile on his face.

"Clover Ebi, will you-"

"YES!" He said. Everyone laughed.

"Will you let me finish?" I asked.

He nodded.

I pulled out the ring box. "Clover Ebi, will you-"

"YES!" Another round of laughter.

"Really?" I asked. 

"Sorry..."

I opened the ring box, the engagement ring sparkling. "Clover Ebi," I paused to see if he would interrupt me. When he didn't, I continued. "Will you marry me?"

"YES!" He scooped me up in the biggest hug ever.  Everyone cheered. As he hugged me, I realized that my feet weren't touching the ground, so I picked up my legs and wrapped them around Clover's waist. He looked me in the eyes, and gave me the most passionate kiss, ignoring everyone around us. 

After the kiss, he set me down and everyone rushed to give us their congratulations.

"Told you that you had nothing to worry about. He wouldn't say no to you." Joanna and Trevor told us. 

"Wait, did everyone know about this beforehand?" Clover asked me. 

Everyone in the room gave one unified "yes," making Clover laugh.

After everyone had left, I began cleaning up. I noticed Clover sitting on the couch, admiring his ring. 

"Happy?" I asked, sitting next to him. 

"Yeah, I'm really happy. I know you aren't the biggest fan of parties and dramatic deceleration of love. Those are my things. It means a lot that you went out of your comfort zone to me. Thank you." He kissed my cheek.  

"Anything for you. You're my lucky charm. I need you."

He helped me clean up, stopping every few minutes to admire the ring. Every time I caught him staring at it, I smiled. I knew that ring was the right one for him, just like Clover was the right guy for me.

---------------------------------------------------

A/N: So I wrote about Clover proposing a while back, but something that lingered in the back of my mind is, how would Qrow propose if he was the one to pop the question. Just like Clover did something small and quiet for Qrow because he knew that's what Qrow prefers, Qrow would go out of his comfort zone for Clover. 

Writing this made me so happy! I hope you guys enjoy it!

Joanna and Trevor, Clover's parents are OCs created by:  @AlphaWolf0215. Go check out her writing for more of them!

Don't forget to vote and comment! And if you have a story prompt, let me know! I absolutely love hearing from you guys! 

Thank you for reading! :)