Starry Night

A/N: This story is for Fair Game Week day 2! (date/domestic) Enjoy!

----------------------------------

Qrow's POV

I was planning the best date for his boyfriend, Clover. I had spent over a week thinking of the best date ever and he had finally figured it out. 

"Hey hun, just so you know, I have planned something for tomorrow, since it's Saturday and we have the day off. Wanna come with me?" I asked.

Clover, who was sitting on the couch, looked up and smiled. He never turned down a chance to hang out with me. 

"Of course! What are you doing?" 

I smirked. "That's a surprise. You'll just have to wait to find out." 

Clover gave me a little pouty face and opened his arms for me to come and cuddle with him. I sighed and walked over to him, sitting down on his lap and burying my face in his chest, making him happy. 

~

The next day I woke up early to pack for the date. I was packing an easy lunch and dinner when Clover walked into the kitchen, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"Qrow, you hate waking up early. Is something wrong?"

"Nope, just getting ready for today."

"You going to tell me where we are going?"

I smirked again. "No."

"You're no fun."

"Oh I'm plenty of fun." I teased. "You just don't know what fun is." 

He laughed and gave me a quick kiss, before heading back into the bedroom to get dressed.

'Wear something you can walk in!" I called.

"Ah! A hint!" He called back. I laughed and finished up the rest of the packing.

~

"We're hiking?" Clover asked as we stood at the bottom of a mountain. It had taken us an hour to get from Atlas to the nearest mountain with a hiking trail, and Clover had been asking where we were going the entire time. By the time we got there, it wasn't funny anymore, but kind of annoying. It was like traveling with a small child, but more adorable. 

"Yes, hiking. Are you disappointed?" I was really worried that he would hate the idea of this. 

"Nope!" He smiled at me and rocked back and forth on the balls of his feet happily. "Is this a date?" 

"You've finally caught on, haven't you?" I teased. He stuck his tongue out at me and took my hand. We headed up the mountain and stopped along the way to look at the view and take pictures a few times. 

~

"Race you up?" Clover asked. I looked at him for a moment. He had a smirk on his face, telling me he knew what I knew: I stood no chance against him. But then I had an idea.

"Sure, I'll race you." I said. "Ready? Set? GO!" I immediately turned into my bird form as Clover took off running. When Clover noticed me in the sky, he shouted.

"You know that isn't fair! Get back down here!" I flew down closer to the ground. Then I turned back into a human, landing on my feet and stumbled. Clover caught my arm and kept me from falling on my face. 

"I was able to catch you, lucky you, huh?" He teased.  I scowled but couldn't help but laugh with him.

~

We stopped near the top after walking almost all day.

"Shouldn't we start heading back down if we want to make it home before dark?" Clover asked, watching the sun begin to make it's trek down the sky. 

"No, I want to make it to the top. We're so close. Besides, we don't have work tomorrow, remember? We can sleep in." I gave him a quick kiss before starting back up the trail, Clover right behind me. 

 The sun was practically gone when we reached the top. I walked over to a soft part in the grass and stood there.

"Happy now?" Clover asked. "Ready to go lay down in a soft bed?"

"I've lived most of my life traveling, a soft bed isn't something I'm used to, unlike you soft Atlesian special operatives," I teased. He scowled, but didn't say anything. Instead, he just wrapped his arms around my waist. 

"I have something I want to do while we are up here. It took us all day, I thought we might enjoy it," I said. 

I pulled out a blanket from my backpack of supplies and laid it on the grass. Then I sat down and pulled out all the food I had set aside for dinner.

Clover looked down at me and smiled. "Another picnic?" He asked, sitting down next to me. 

"Don't question me," I said, and he laughed.

We sat and ate our dinner, chatting as the sky became darker. Once we had finished, I packed away dinner.

"Now are you ready to go?" Clover asked, clearly getting impatient. 

"Hold your horses, you haven't even seen the best part!" I said.

"What's the best part?" 

I pointed up at the sky, where a few stars had begun their nightly shine. Clover looked up and began to star in awe, completely enchanted. I pulled him closer to me and rested my head on his chest, looking up with him.

More stars began to show, each brighter than the last. 

"I've never seen so many stars in my life," Clover whispered.

"I remembered you telling me a while back that you hadn't, so I planned this whole date around stargazing. This is the best part." 

"Thank you Qrow," he said, kissing the top of my head. "This is hands down, the best date you've ever planned. I don't know how I can outdo this." 

I cuddled up closer to him, and pointed up towards the sky. 

"You see that, Orion's belt? And the little dipper over there?" The two of us continued to point out our favorite constellations, most of which Clover had never seen in real life. 

We stayed up there, looking at stars until the sun began to poke out over the horizon. 

"We should probably head back now. We can sleep all day," Clover said, sitting up. I sighed and sat up with him, helping him pack up the blanket and other supplies.

We headed down the mountain, stopping to take a few pictures of the sunrise and just enjoying the view.

When we got home, around 9 am, we headed straight to our bed. Clover flopped down, practically throwing himself at the soft mattress. He gave a small sigh of satisfaction and I just shook my head. I crawled into bed next to him and felt his arms wrap around my torso, pulling me closer to him.

"Thank you babe, for the best date ever," he said, giving me a quick kiss. 

"I love you," I said. I waited for him to say it back, like he usually does, but he was already snoring softly. I smiled and kissed the forehead of my sleeping boyfriend, feeling myself beginning to drift to sleep as well.

-----------------------------------------

A/N: This is inspired by a headcanon I saw on tumblr about how Clover is obsessed with stars but never gets to see them. So I wrote my own little fic for it and am really happy with the result!

Since it's Fair Game week, I will probably be publishing a lot of content, so I'm sorry ahead of time for that. Please don't hate me...

Even though I'm writing things left and right (or left and write, get it?), I am still taking prompts! Feel free to send them in, and I will get to them asap! (though that might take a while. depends on how tired of words I am at the end of this week...) I can't wait to see what creative situations you guys come up with!

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed it!