-22-

Kokichi's POV
I woke up in the same flower field as the last time I had a dream of some sort. It was the same the flowers were blowing in a gentle breeze that slowly swept through the field. I felt anxious because of what happened last time so I just looked around with wide eyes. There wasn't anything I would have considered dangerous so I started walking through the path in between the patches of blue and purple flowers.

It was just a small path and it seemed to go on forever. I must have fallen asleep so no point in freaking out. I walked down the path as the breeze blew my hair across my face. It smelled like Violets and Lily's. It was almost calming in a way. I closed my eyes for a moment to take it all in. A small smile formed on my face. This is nice.

"Kokichi!" I jumped at hearing my name. I quickly turned around and saw Shuichi some way down the path. He was waving his arm the motion silently asking me to slow down so he could catch up to me. I slowed my pace to a stop as he ran over to me.

When he caught up to me he wrapped his arms around me pulling me into a hug. I put my arms around him and nuzzled into his chest. He rubbed my back making me sigh and lean into him more.

"Kokichi I was looking for you everywhere, but this field is so big it took me forever to find you. I'm glad I did though." He whispered in my ear making me shiver.

"I'm glad you are here to Shuichi," I whispered back tightening my grip on the back of his shirt not wanting him to let go. I heard him laugh a little before he sighed and put his head in my hair.

"Want to walk around?" He asked pulling away slightly so he could see my face.

"Yeah, that would be nice," I said grabbing his hand and taking my place by his side. We walked in silence as we walked around the field. There was nobody else in sight making me feel safe that it was just me and my beloved. I smiled while I looked at his hand intertwined with mine.

This wouldn't be the reality I'm in if I took my life all those times I tried. I'm so glad I got to make it to this day. Where I can be with my beloved Shuichi like this. I feel so happy. I never thought this would ever happen. Whenever I tried to get attached to someone they always left because I was unlovable and repulsive. I was always alone. But with Shuichi, I don't feel like that anymore.

But that's why I'm so worried. I'm worried he is going to leave me. He will find out sooner or later that I'm not a good person... and he will leave me like all the rest of them. I felt a tear roll down my cheek making Shuichi stop in his tracks.

"What's wrong?" He asked putting his hands on my cheeks gently wiping my tears away. I leaned into his touch before I sighed.

"I'm just worried that you are going to abandon me," I whispered more tears falling out of my eyes when the words fell out of my mouth.

"I will never leave you. Even if I'm saying this when we are in a dream... know that Shuichi is holding you tightly right now as we speak." He said making me blush.

I remember what happened yesterday... I don't want to remember... but knowing Shuichi stayed by my side and is holding me right now as I'm sleeping. It makes me feel so safe. He makes me feel so safe. When I'm in his arms when I feel his hand in mine when his gentle voice fills my ears.

I smiled at the Shuichi holding my cheeks. I felt so happy. I have never felt this way with anyone before. They all didn't listen to me and brushed me off like some bug. But Shuichi hangs on my every word. He almost remembers more of the things I have told him then I do sometimes. I love him so much. Some times it hurts because I'm smiling so much.

"Thank you, Shuichi," I said before hugging him again.

"I love you so much Kokichi." He said petting my hair almost making me fall on top of him from the shivers it sent down my spine.