-64-

"Yes, I believe there were some..." Shuichi said, placing his hand on his chin. He always does this when he is deep in thought. I looked back in my handbook and there was evidence of this, so this must have been what the culprit has done, I mean for the locked room mystery these were both involved. The wax figures, the rope tying them to the ceiling, and the katana in Kaede's wax figure was all used to lock the door.

"But how that work?" Gonta asked with a confused glance. I smiled a bit wanting to take advantage of this.

"Well maybe it was actually Kaede and she locked the door before returning to her position- or maybe it was even the late Rantaro~," I said in a teasing tone. I could tell Shuichi was rolling his eyes at my little joke.

"A s-spirit?!" Kaito yelled while his face paled. I smirked more and put my hand to my chin.

"Yes~ the spirit of Rantaro possessed his wax figure and made him help the killer~ or maybe even was the killer himself~" I teased again before Shuichi opened his mouth to say something, but was cut off by Tsumugi.

"Angie was going to use the necronmation to perform the ritual! So it would make sense if the late Rantaro maybe killed her out of rage from being revived without his permission!" She exclaimed, making Gonta gasp as well.

"So Rantaro kill Angie?!" Gonta gasped before Keebo cut in.

"I'm sure there must be some logic behind this...I mean if this is true does that mean she used the necronmation?" Keebo asked, making me look back over the evidence. But that wouldn't work-

"No that's wrong!" Shuichi interrupted my thinking, making all of us focus back on him. He paused a moment before speaking again.

"The Necronmation instructions explicitly say that for the ritual to work the Necronmation would have to be burned in the process, and because the Necronmation was still there it proves that the ritual wasn't fully completed!" He said before going back to his normal speaking tone.

"That is correct..." Keebo said before putting his hands to his sides.

"She did still have the Necronmation in her possession and it was not burned to ashes as the ritual said," He said before Tsumugi spoke.

"Yes, that does make sense...so that means Rantaro couldn't have killed Angie," She said with a sigh. I'm assuming because we don't have a lead anymore...but knowing she could be the possible mastermind...maybe she is disappointed that we figured that out so we can get closer to the true culprit.

"Of course he wouldn't! S-screw spirits!" Kaito yelled, stuttering again. It makes me want to laugh so hard to see the overly confident "luminary of the stars" to be so afraid of ghosts~ I am totally going to use that against him sometime~

"Now that that's cleared up...we should get moving on with the trial," Shuichi said, turning the attention of the others back to the case. I like how everyone respects him enough to allow him to just move on with the trial without much rebuttal, most of the time anyway.

"About the katana, wasn't that from Kiyo's lab?" Tenko finally asked. She hasn't been as talkative this trial, that's pretty interesting...I mean she wasn't involved in either of the main parts of this case, so she doesn't have a lot to comment on because she wasn't involved, but I mean she could have contributed earlier.

"Yes, that is correct...but it was easily accessible to anyone, so that doesn't make me the culprit just because it was in my lab originally," Kiyo said with a calm look on his face.

"I guess--but what about the fact that you were the one to suggest the seance?" Himiko asked, making Kiyo pause for a moment.

"I explained the use of the seance before we started, yes? So that means we all knew about it so it could still have been anyone, not just me." He said with the same calm tone. It was actually bothering me how unfazed he seemed by all of this.