-99-

"Ok, so we should message them back," Shuichi said before I nodded. They must be waiting for our reply. I started kicking my legs out as we were sitting on the bed watching as my feet moved back and forth. I remember doing this all the time when I was alone in my room. Just being able to watch my feet move back and forth was a calming sensation all on it's own. Calming me from the pattern as well as the quiet noise of it gently hitting the bed with each kick.

"Yeah, I guess~," I said with a sigh going to lie back on the bed. I wondered to myself what going back to school was going to be like...I mean when I got back from the hospital all those years ago they all stared at me like I was some abnormal thing...I hope that won't happen when we get back. But knowing Shuichi was going to be by my side made me feel a little better.

I opened the group chat and smirked as I looked at the replies. But before I responded I quickly made contacts for them as well as getting a picture of Shuichi for my wallpaper, his profile picture, and for me to always have with me...even if he didn't know I had it.

Shu: We just got done getting everything put away!

Tenko: That's good

Himiko: Don't be so cold Tenko--

Tenko: sorry T^T

Himiko: It's fine

Maki: So Tenko and Himiko are you both planning on going back to school?

Tenko: Yeah!

Himiko: It would be good if we were able to finish school before we did anything.

Shu: I agree

Maki: Then we should all check in with each other before we go.

Kichi: That sounds fantastic~

Tenko: Ah it's Kokichi

Kichi: That's not very nice!

Tenko: yeah whatever--I have to go

Kichi: ^^

Maki: I'm going to put my phone down.

Shu: Ok, talk to you all tomorrow then

Himiko: See you later!

Kichi: Sayonara!

I closed my phone and Shuichi put his phone down on the bed. "Hey Kichi?" Shuichi asked gently, moving his head so he was looking at me. Shuichi was laying on the bed next to me with his arms propping him up. I was lying on my back looking up at him.

"Yes?" I asked moving my hand to rest on my chest. Shuichi looked tired as his eyes fluttered closed for a moment.

"We should get to bed soon..." He whispered, moving his arms and body so he was laying on his side. He faced me and his face was flushed a bit making me smile a bit. I almost forgot how sleepy Shuichi gets when something stressful or intense happens. But I would be lying if I said I wasn't exhausted as well...

"Yeah~ But mostly because my beloved Shu is tired already~" I said in a softer tone. He smiled a bit at this before he moved closer to me. I didn't say anything as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I just sighed to myself and moved closer to him. I rested my head on his shoulder before placing a gentle kiss on the mark I left on his neck from before. He shuddered a bit at this but didn't end up moving.

I looked over to the open closet and remembered that I should change into Pajamas. Mostly because of how uncomfortable my pants can be when I sleep in them. I gently nudged Shuichi with my arm and he stirred for a moment before he stopped. I groaned to myself before slowly trying to get out his grip.

"Hey you can't leave," He said, pulling me back into his arms. My face went hot at this and I felt irritated that he seemed so awake at the moment.

"You are awake!" I exclaimed with a sigh.

"So, you should be a good boyfriend and get changed into your pajamas!" I said with a huff. He softly laughed before he moved to sit up.

"Alright, Alright," He said before pulling me into a hug again. I tried to escape his grasp only to shudder under his touch as his hands rubbed my back. My whole body went limp against his as it would before...and I hated that he had this kind of power over me.

"But that's only if you say please," He said, pulling away for a moment to look into my eyes. I lowered my eyebrows as if to tell him 'what the fuck?' he didn't seem phased by this and asked again.

"I won't let you go unless you say please," I groaned and moved my head into his shirt feeling a little irritated that he was doing this now.

"But you already-" I started only to be silenced by a kiss. I felt my face immediately turn red before he planted a kiss on my eyelid before placing another on my cheek.

"Say please," He said, making me even more flustered. What the hell does he think he is doing? I know for a fact that he wants to get changed so we can go to sleep and cuddle...then why is he-

"Fine," I sighed. "Please,"

"Alright, let's get changed then," He said, removing his arms from around me. I felt a little colder because of this, but brushed the feeling away from my thoughts. Dumbass...why even when you are being such an asshole you even manage to make me love you even more...?

"Ok..." I whispered, giving him a side glare. He only smiled innocently in return...tired my ass Shuichi! I thought to myself after angrily grabbing my clothes before changing quickly. Shuichi laughed a bit from where he was getting changed and I wasn't in the mood. I was happy he was still here...but god I hate being flustered...

"Hey, baby, I'm sorry for before...don't be mad," He said moving over to the bed. I just quickly got under the covers and turned my back to him. He sighed before I saw the light turn off. I was about to ask him what the hell he was doing before his arms were around my waist.

"I'm sorry...I was only teasing" He whispered moving behind me on the bed. He wrapped the blankets around me to make sure I was warm and it made it almost impossible to stay mad at him! He is just so damn cute!

"Please forgive me," He said in a more serious tone. I smiled before slowly moving around in his arms.

"I could never stay mad at you dummy~" I said in a teasing tone before he slowly rubbed my back. A few moments after that I could tell he had fallen asleep. I smiled to myself and let my eyes close. Sure he teased me and got the upper hand today, but that doesn't mean he wins this competition! I silently promised myself before I fell asleep.

...

We all started going to school after that and the classes weren't that hard. It was definitely helpful that I had a whole support group of people who were good at different subjects. Tenko and Himiko eventually started dating while me and Shuichi continued to be a couple. Senior year was coming fast and I hated the feeling of knowing after this we would have to continue on with our lives, live on without having to be together in this place.

We all had to go to monthly meetings with the therapist analyzing the effects the game had on the five of us. We all agreed that going there was absolutely terrible--but we were able to have the group chat to discuss what they made us remember. It was like a small support group for us to empathize with each other making me feel like I finally belonged somewhere. I like to see that I was able to make it this far. Regardless of everything...I was able to make it to this day, able to get out of that place with my friends and boyfriend--hopefully future husband...but all in all I'm happy. With the life I get to live now, I'm happy that I'm able to have these people close to me and I'm happy to be able to move on.

To accept the past and move towards the future.

-Here is the second to last part of Nightmares! I still have a lot of ideas for this story--so I'm planning on making a sequel called Daydreams sometime in the future! Thank you all so much for your support! Thank you all so much for reading!!-

-ShuichiOuma010-