-61-

We all moved to our corners of the room and got ready to sing the seance song with Korekiyo. There was a moment before when me and Shuichi as well as Himiko practiced singing the song correctly so it wouldn't mess up whatever the seance was going to end up accomplishing. This whole thing made me wonder why he would suggest doing a seance right after we found the dead body of one of our classmates? I mean sure her soul may still be close to us...but why?

I shook my head a bit before going over to my designated corner. I was surprised that Miu hadn't made any noise...she usually won't shut the hell up...I sighed. This is all getting out of hand...I can't even get my bearings. I blew out the candle as instructed and started to sing along with the other two.

"At last, at last, at long last,

Young guard dog and little lost girl,

Sealed within an iron cage,

At mountain's bottom, within the darkness,

At last, at last, at long last,

How many will there be by dawn?

Will there be two or just one?" In the middle of the song there was a random thud. I almost stopped singing but knew that Kiyo might flip a shit if I mess up the seance.

"Will the guard dog run far away?

Or did it eat the little girl?

At last, at last, at long last." After the song ended Korekiyo called out,

"Is the caged child Angie Yonaga?" He paused getting no response, before calling out again. The darkness of the room and the slight creak in the floorboards made this all seem so much more real. Like a reminder that this death game is still continuing...and we are all trapped here until there are only two left...unless we all get executed and the killer survives this madness...

"Is the caged child Angie Yonaga?" He paused before calling out a final time. How the hell is this seance supposed to work anyway? Isn't MIu supposed to be the vessel for Angie to come and communicate with us with? Is the seance not working? Does that mean...we wasted this time trying to do this seance while we could have been investigating the first murder?

I asked all of these questions to myself feeling my mind finally slip into a confused state again. It was like fog taking over my mind making it hard to think because I was only able to see so many of my thoughts in a somewhat clear state. Most of them far to blurry to be able to decipher them at all...not being able to think at all scared me the most.

"Is the caged child Angie Yonaga?" There was no response yet again. After a long pause Himiko spoke.

"What's wrong? Why won't Angie answer?" Himiko asked. I was about to speak up as well but Korekiyo broke the silence.

"Himiko...I was very clear that you were not to speak, yes?" He asked pausing for a moment which made me feel nervous. The silence was becoming deafening...my thoughts already being unclear made it harder to think, but the silence and worry in the room made it even harder to do anything...except for standing there feeling lost and confused in the dark.

"But somethings weird...Why won't she answer?" Knowing that he didn't even know what was going on made me feel a shiver go through my spine...what the hell?

"Maybe it...failed?" I asked, feeling my voice feel small and weak. I hated when I didn't feel as though I knew what I was doing.

"Let's...light the candles briefly" I started to feel the wall making my way over to the candle.

"What? Is that ok?" Shuichi asked, sounding as confused as I felt.

"J-just for now," Kiyo said with a small stutter. I flinched at his words...why is he so nervous?

After he said that me and Shuichi relit the candles using the wall as a guide. I couldn't get the random noise out of my head. Did Miu hit her head? No- I'm sure that she would have made a weird noise like a moan or some shit...that's just what Miu does...and it feels unnatural to not have any sort of thing like that when she is in the room with us.

After the candles dimly lit the room we all looked over at Korekiyo for more information. I was so confused at the randomness and overall failure of the seance...did something happen?

"What the hell? Did it really fail?" I asked looking over at Korekiyo who looked confused.

"I-It shouldn't have...it was done flawlessly..." He said looking around the room with sweat dripping down his forehead. I felt my breathing stop for a moment before Himoko spoke.

"Hey Miu!" Himiko yelled as her face went pale...is Miu? Is she dead? I didn't want to have to think about that, but that would make some sort of sense about the silence from someone who is usually so annoying and loud.

"Miu?" Himiko asked, moving to the cage before throwing it off of her. I saw Korekiyo jump and try to stop her from doing this but it was already too late because the cage statue and everything was completely thrown off of Miu.

"Wait, you shouldn't-" Korekiyo got cut off by the reveal of Miu's dead body. I felt my face pale...I was right. I hate when I'm right...whenever I'm right something bad happens, and this is just another instance when this is true.

"MIU?!" Himiko yelled. She moved over to Miu holding her in her arms. Sure they weren't that close but it's another person dead...right after the first one.

"W-we should go and investigate?" Shuichi said touching my shoulder brought me back into reality.

"Ah...yeah," I said closing my eyes for a moment so I would be able to focus. I need to be able to focus so I will be able to get all of the information for this trial.

We moved out of the room together as some of the others moved into the room because of the body discovery announcement that played in the background. I was too focused on trying to get the fog out of my mind that I didn't even notice that Shuichi had already made his way into Angie's lab.

"Shuichi I found out this information about Angie, She has a wound on her forehead and the back of her neck. The first wound created was the one on her forehead because the one to the neck was fatal and is the reason behind the blood surrounding her corpse. There is something that created this locked room mystery though...which is something we should try to put together, because it should help us be able to find the culprit." She said with a cold tone. Shuichi just nodded before he went looking around the room collecting more evidence for the trial.

So Angie was killed and then Miu was killed after. But when was Angie killed and why was Miu killed after? Isn't one death all you need for getting out of here if you make it past the trial? I'm assuming that maybe there is more than one killer...but there is always the possibility of one person committing both of them.

"Kokichi, what are you thinking?" He asked, grabbing onto my shoulders. I felt my shoulders move a bit at the touch but I ignored the urge to just hug him right there...because we needed to investigate.

"I'm thinking that it is possible that this could be two different murders with separate killers...but it could have also been the same person..." I whispered looking down at my hands. He looked at me for a moment before speaking again.

"We should also go and get all the information we can on Miu...because she is another victim of this case..." He whispered before I grabbed his hand. Why is this happening...? I just want this to end, because we are all just teenagers...and this isn't something we should have to be in all the time, everyday, for forever...

. . .

After investigating the trial was approaching. The announcement went off meaning we all had to head down to the one place I hated the most...the trial room. The place where we would go to accuse our classmates only to have one of them executed at the end of the trial...

-Here is today's update! Today is the start of the new updating schedule!! There will be daily updates of this story! Thank you all so much for reading!-

-ShuichiOuma010-