-88-

We all just stared at the door in front of us for a long moment. The timer was still ticking from behind us and we were running out of time...but I didn't want to have to see what was on the other side of the door...what if Shuichi has already been killed? What if he was already dead from the start?! I felt my breathing increase before Maki just stepped in front of the rest of us.

"We need to keep moving," She said in a monotone voice. I could tell Kaito's death was still bothering her, and I don't blame her for that...I'm actually glad she is so insistent about moving forward, even though the rest of us are hesitant about moving at all. I moved my hand to my pocket and felt the small vial...I took it out for a moment before smiling...this will be fun~ after a brief moment I slid it back into my pocket and looked over at Maki.

I nodded like the other two before she pushed the door opened. The room inside was well lit and kind of homey in a way...I mean other than Tsumugi standing next to a chair where Shuichi was sitting unconsciously...

"Shuichi!" I gasped moving towards him before Tsumugi pushed the button on her belt making the remaining Monokubs come in front of me, keeping me away from Shuichi. I felt tears threatening to come to my eyes. Goddamn it! Let me get to Shuichi! I have already come so far! So why now?! I bit my lip to keep myself from breaking down on the floor right there.

"You made it~!" Tsumugi gasped gently stroking Shuichi's hair. I flinched and clenched my hands into fists as my side.

"Well, I was waiting for you four to make it here~ So sad the other two weren't able to make it~" She exclaimed with a cackle. My throat went dry...

"Why the hell did you kill them?!" Himiko yelled, being the first to break down. Tenko held her back from the Monokubs. Himiko was trying to push past her so she could go to Tsumugi...she must be devastated because of what happened...and knowing she spent some time with Tsumugi, became her friend, and cried with her. This is just cruel to Himiko, and the others...why did it have to-

"Oh? But it wasn't me who killed them! It was this game we are all blessed to be trapped in!" She exclaimed holding her hands around her throat. Her eyes were all lovey dovey...and honestly it made me feel sick that she was getting off to this shit.

"Blessed?!" Tenko yelled gently, taking her hands off of Himiko.

"BLESSED?!" She screamed and lunged towards Tsumugi. But before she even got close to her one of the extisals came into the room and pinned her to the ground.

"Yes~!" She said breathlessly looking down at Tenko on the ground. Tenko's face contorted in pain as her arms were pressed against her back...it didn't seem like anything was broken...but there is definitely going to be some scratches and bruises.

"We are all blessed to feel the wonders of the despair her game brings~," She said with a moan. I slowly started to inch closer to the Monokubs in front of me. They didn't seem to react from this...so I gently walked passed them and inched closer to Shuichi.

"You should be thankful for being blessed with this opportunity~" She continued as I moved closer to him. She was standing to the side because of where Tenko was pinned to the ground. I saw Tenko look over at me for a moment before Tsumugi grabbed her by the chin.

"Don't you love the despair flowing inside of all of you~?" She cooed into her ear before she caressed her cheek.

"FUCK NO!" She yelled before moving to bite Tsumugi's hand. Tsumugi flinched slightly before pulling her hand away from her. There was pink blood flowing from the mark and all she did was stare at it for a long moment with a blank expression. I took this chance to take the last couple of steps to Shuichi. He had a blindfold over his eyes and some marks on his neck...as well as the wounds from the night prior.