-48-

The glares. I couldn't help but shudder at how they pierced into my skin. I flinched while I took my spot next to a Shuichi at the table.

"Kokichi! It's nice to see you up this morning! Shuichi told me you were sleeping in!" He said with a proud smile. I tried my best to shake the feeling of uneasiness coming onto my shoulders.

"Thanks, Kaito," I said trying to sound calm. But for some reason, I couldn't help thinking that he wasn't being genuine...I mean not that I would be when I had to be nice to him...

"Of course!" He said with his dumbass smile...today is going to be something that's for sure...Shuichi gave my hand a squeeze. He must know I'm feeling on edge...I mean he always does somehow...I swear he can read minds.

"I'll go make us something...Maki already made her and Kaito some breakfast...do you want to come with me?" He asked cutely.

"Yes of course! I would love to My Beloved!" I said hugging his arm making him blush.

"You guys are going to get breakfast right?" Kaito asked. Shuichi gave him a nod as we stood up.

"Alright! We can talk when you get back!!" Kaito waved at us before we left into the kitchen.

When we got into the kitchen Shuichi went to get some vegetables and some rice. I sat on the counter as he worked. It was nice watching him make some food. He looked like he was making breakfast for me at our house...when we get married- nope! I can't think about that now! We are in a killing game!

I shook my head making Shuichi laugh. "Kokichi what are you so nervous about?" He asked turning to face me for a moment.

"Oh, I just feel on edge from last night," I said holding my hands together in my lap. It wasn't completely a lie...but it wasn't really the truth either. I didn't want to make him worry about something I wasn't even sure was happening.

I mean they were all looking at me...and they seemed to be whispering...but there was that motive so it would make sense...because that notebook had a lot of things in it that would make me seem very weak and pathetic...knowing that I come off as this confident person when I'm really just a wimp...

"If you want to tell me about it later I don't mind." He went back to cooking. I smiled knowing he was being so considerate and sweet. You really are way to nice to me...but it's a nice change from what I usually get...

I admired how beautiful Shuichi really is. His hair frames his porcelain face perfectly. His eyes are a beautiful yellow but they are tinted gray and it makes them even more dazzling to me. He was tall and slender. It fit his personality perfectly. I have no idea how he was so lucky to be attractive and tall not to mention perfect.

I sighed and put my head in my hands while I just let myself take in his beauty. He blushed under my gaze but didn't let that distract him from making us breakfast.

"Well, um, here you go," He stuttered as he handed me a plate as he walked back into the dining hall with me. Kaito and Maki were just talking at the table smiling at each other. It's nice to see Maki smile...even if Kaito is the one making her smile.

He isn't actually that bad when I think about it. He can be a hella dumbass and annoying with all of his encouragement but overall he is not that bad. I think it's bold of him to be so confident all the time but it can be hella annoying...

"Thank you my beloved~," I teased placing my plate on the table before I quickly kissed his cheek. He blushed and sat down next to me. His embarrassment went away after a moment and he started eating.

"The monokubs brought more mysterious items while you two were in the kitchen...so you should go and find out what they do after you eat..." Maki said in her usual serious tone.

"Alright," Shuichi said as I gave her a nod. It's fun to be able to walk around the school with My Beloved and have it just be able to be the two of us~ I smiled to myself as I started to eat.

The whispers got louder after a few moments of me sitting there and eating. I heard things I remember hearing in the cafeteria at school...or even in my own home...

Did he really cut his arms that much?

Look he is eating

Why does he always lie to both of them?

How did he get Kaito to get this close to him?

Isn't he the mastermind?

Why do they trust him?

We could end the killing game if we kill him right?

Because he is mastermind, right?

"Do you hear that..." I whispered under my breath. The group looked at me with confused glances...and I don't really blame them.

"Hear what?" Maki asked keeping her tone hushed.

"It's nothing..." I whispered slumping back into my seat. I felt Shuichi wrap an arm around my waist. I wanted to just relax under his touch...but I couldn't get my mind off of it...

Why would they notice now?

Why would they start talking now?

The thought circled around my mind clouding my thoughts. I didn't want to make them worry about my paranoia...I can tell this to Shuichi...right? Should I make him have to worry about this? I mean he wants to right? He loves me right...right?

I felt my lips form into a frown. Is this something that's worth mentioning?

"We should go and look around the school now?" He asked giving me a worried look. I know he was really asking 'do you want to go and look or talk about what's on your mind' I shook my head before responding.

"We should go and look around~ and unlock some new areas~ hm~?" I asked with my usual teasing tone. Shuichi raised an eyebrow for a moment before he sighed.

"Yeah, alright."

-here is the update! I'm on my camping trip and will be until I update this book again! I will still be updating every day as usual!! Thank you all so much for reading!-

-ShuichiOuma010-